DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cracks!!!

Hi,

Today I've noticed cracks on the shell of aircraft, visible in the corner where battery fits in. Plz see picture.

I would like to mention here that I'm extremely caring in handling gadgets, esp. drones. I've always placed battery in its compartment very smoothly and have always performed slow and smooth movements while flying (as I'm more towards capturing cinematic shots). I've using it since July 2019 and made many flights with no crash landings. Such type of cracks really astonishing..

I bought this drone second hand, but I'm 100% sure that these cracks were not there at that time.

Do you feel that this crack is not a big issue and I continue using it?? or I've to replace the shell??

Plz advise..

Have anyone of you experienced such cracks. If yes, then this would substantiate as a bad build quality, else I must have been done something wrong with my M2Z.

Thanks..
No light pressure can cause of that crack imo.drop or medium force can cause that..ask 1st hand owner..

You are right. I was given a damaged piece by the seller.

Do you feel i should continue with this shell??
The top shell on the Mavic 2 aren’t to difficult to change if you think it would be a issue you can get one for like $30 you can goggle the video and change it out
Hi,

Today I've noticed cracks on the shell of aircraft, visible in the corner where battery fits in. Plz see picture.

I would like to mention here that I'm extremely caring in handling gadgets, esp. drones. I've always placed battery in its compartment very smoothly and have always performed slow and smooth movements while flying (as I'm more towards capturing cinematic shots). I've using it since July 2019 and made many flights with no crash landings. Such type of cracks really astonishing..

I bought this drone second hand, but I'm 100% sure that these cracks were not there at that time.

Do you feel that this crack is not a big issue and I continue using it?? or I've to replace the shell??

Plz advise..

Have anyone of you experienced such cracks. If yes, then this would substantiate as a bad build quality, else I must have been done something wrong with my M2Z.

Thanks..
They are pretty easy to replace and you can buy the top shell for like $30

The top shell on the Mavic 2 aren’t to difficult to change if you think it would be a issue you can get one for like $30 you can goggle the video and change it out

They are pretty easy to replace and you can buy the top shell for like $30
This video is for changing the arms &legs but it shows how to remove the top shell and replacing it

Hi,

Plz advise..

Thanks..
I zoomed in on your pic then compared it to mine and your upper shell is not in it's proper place, it does look like some kind of impact like one of the other replies suggested. This is the best pic I can get with my OA but hopefully you can see what I mean if you compare how the pieces fit together
DJI_0321.JPG

Reactions: Khurrum
I zoomed in on your pic then compared it to mine and your upper shell is not in it's proper place, it does look like some kind of impact like one of the other replies suggested. This is the best pic I can get with my OA but hopefully you can see what I mean if you compare how the pieces fit together
View attachment 86328
Thanks for your time.

You are right. Upper shell of mine is dented and that must have caused the cracks also.
I've ordered original upper shell from Ali express for $15. Hopefully will replace it myself.

Thanks for your time.

You are right. Upper shell of mine is dented and that must have caused the cracks also.
I've ordered original upper shell from Ali express for $15. Hopefully will replace it myself.
Looks like a few cracks in the lower shell too, maybe not bad enough to hurt anything but may want to get a closer look while it's apart and maybe check for any internal damage also?
InkedIMG_20191029_181948_LI.jpg

Reactions: Khurrum
Hi,

Plz advise..

Thanks..
I had the same issue with my Air 2. Only had it six months. DJI is fixing it free of charge. I've noticed that my Mavic Air build quality is better than my Mavic Air 2.

Attachments

• Mavic Air 2 Stress Crack.jpg
    Mavic Air 2 Stress Crack.jpg
    502.9 KB · Views: 14
Yes it defiantly got whacked or it had something compress it on its side with enough force to cause the cracking. A bit worrisome, in the long run as these things don't get better, they get worse. Now if your slightly handy, you could easily replace the shell, which are available on eBay and Amazon for not really all that much money. There are literally dozens of u tube type videos on how to disassemble it and replace the damaged parts. Use your cell phone to take scores of pics while you do the disassembly and organize your removed parts in as removed layers of disassembly.

You can always send it out, but they get their deserved pound of flesh. You can learn how to do it and invest a small amount in some mini tools, which frankly in today's world are kind of a must have.

Reactions: Rattydude77
If you mount your battery with the drone sitting on its four legs on a hard surface, like a table, there is a whole lot of stress induced to the body of the AC especially near corners.
I like to hold my AC in one hand, and mount the battery with the other, that way there is no torque induced to the center of the AC.
I think Rockycat is spot on!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose