DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed = broken right motor arm

qiqwuefbliqj

Reactions
Crashed, completely my fault. Flying around in sport mode and hit the side of my house. Did snap the front right motor arm. Guessing that DJI will charge an arm and a leg (pun intended) to have repaired, and who knows how long that takes. I’ve seen replacement arms on eBay for $50. Anyone have any experience with an Air repair like this? Not having any luck finding any videos or tutorials anywhere. Or, any guess at DJI repair costs? Many thanks.

Crashed, completely my fault. Flying around in sport mode and hit the side of my house. Did snap the front right motor arm. Guessing that DJI will charge an arm and a leg (pun intended) to have repaired, and who knows how long that takes. I’ve seen replacement arms on eBay for $50. Anyone have any experience with an Air repair like this? Not having any luck finding any videos or tutorials anywhere. Or, any guess at DJI repair costs? Many thanks.
Howdy from Wyoming @Bradsnw , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. @Thunderdrones is the man to speak to about this, he will probably see your post and comment or feel free to pm him.

Reactions: Former Member
Thank you for mentioning me @Bunny Too

OP, how good are you at soldering? The solders that hold the motor wires and the LED's are tiny. If you goof and overheat your iron and splatter solder on to any adjoining components, you can easily short your whole circuit board out.

My guess from DJI would be around $95 - $125 for the repair but timeline could be up to 3-4 weeks to get it back depending on their load and your location.

Thank you for mentioning me @Bunny Too

OP, how good are you at soldering? The solders that hold the motor wires and the LED's are tiny. If you goof and overheat your iron and splatter solder on to any adjoining components, you can easily short your whole circuit board out.

My guess from DJI would be around $95 - $125 for the repair but timeline could be up to 3-4 weeks to get it back depending on their load and your location.

Thanks for the quick reply. Never soldered a thing in my life, so probably not the route to go. Seems we’re almoat neighbors - I’m in North Georgia as well. Anyone you would recommend locally for repair, or just stick with DJI?

I've had great success with DJI refresh but I believe it has to be purchased within just a day or two after purchasing the drone, but I would check. The repair is different. You send it in, they give you a quote, you pay they fix. bata bing, bata boom

I've used up my two refresh cases, you get two per year then you have to renew I guess. Should I crash again I'm going with a 3D printed part. I had a guy I work with to print me a part for my controller and after a little sanding, you cant tell it from the OEM part. GrabCAD and a few other sites are opensource where cad designers create and upload 3D models. I have a Mavic Pro Platinum and so far have downloaded the entire drone with respect to plastic parts such as arms and feet. I'm considering getting a 3D printer now that the price has dropped but im finding that they aren't all created equal and picking the right one can be challenging.

Anyone you would recommend locally for repair, or just stick with DJI?

Im down in Duluth near Gwinnett and I repair drones most every day. I have every available part to repair the Air. I will send you a PM and give you more details.

Also, here are 2 links. First one is about what I do, and the second is to start an online repair request. It helps me even with local repairs so I can print out a repair sheet ahead of time.

Rob

Thunderdrones Repair Information

Thunderdrones Repair Order

Reactions: Ally
Hello just purchased my mavic air, when flying it lost control n fell down. It does not meant with accident. And the left arm is broken. Does anyone know-if the warranty will be covered

Does anyone know-if the warranty will be covered
It depends why it lost control and fell. If it was due to pilot error, it will not be covered under warranty.

It depends why it lost control and fell. If it was due to pilot error, it will not be covered under warranty.
I was flying it on beginner mode, i didnt do anything , it become uncontrollable. I finally fell down. It seem weird

Not to familiar with the Air, but assuming you can download your flight data to Airdata.com .
You can do your own forensics before contacting DJI.

If you just purchased it, Care Refresh is an option that covers you regardless of the reason. Check DJI website for details.

If all else fails, an arm on EBay isn’t all that costly and YouTube has plenty of instructional how to videos.

In summary, if it’s right out of the box, and you are certain there was no pilot error, then warrantee is by far your best option, but be aware, they have the ability to determine the exact cause. In other words, opt for the DJI Care Refresh if you aren’t certain. With it you are afforded two replacements in 12 months.

As to you question. I had a crash recently. Airdata revealed the I had lost signal at 100 AGL, the regained signal at 150 AGL. After that, the data ended. I found my drone about 100 yards away in a tree. For some reason, the MPP flew in a direction as if in RTH but failed to provide flight data. The one anomaly was at takeoff, I received a card reader malfunction message. After retrieving my drone ( which got rained on for three days but still flies) I sound the micro SD card to be cracked.

I found the crack after attempting to read the card on my laptop. When I inserted it into the card reader it became hot enough to melt the thin plastic SD card adaptor.

Not sure how all that came about but I’ve certainly had my share of incidents. Hope you find something in this helpful.

Fly high and fly often

Hi i lived in Mauritius, i want to know if the refresh facilities applicable for me?? And how does it works? Thanks

Hi i lived in Mauritius, i want to know if the refresh facilities applicable for me?? And how does it works? Thanks

It does work very well but there is a time limit on when you can purchase DJI Care Refresh after the initial purchase of your drone. If this is a new drone, are your purchase has been recent enough that you qualify to purchase Care Care Refresh, then there is an entry fee to join the care refresh program. Then you pay again once you create a case to have a repair done. you are allowed two repairs in the 12 month period, at which time your subscription expires.

I used care refresh once. I also insured my Mavic through my home owners insurance at $60 a year and $100 deductible.

Now I simply order repair parts from ebay and do the work myself. It's a lot cheaper and not that difficult with a little practice. About all that is needed is a few simple tools, a soldering iron, and patience.

This is cheap tool kit that has all the needed tools and the tip is magnetic, which I found very handy during assembly.

1542547850589.png

I have three Mavic Pro Platinum drones and have changed out almost every part, and some parts on the controller. I found the controller more difficult to open.

Good luck

Mavic air crashed on the 4th flight while fooling around in sport mode.
broke both of the arms on the right side.
I ordered the arms using amazon prime it was 60cad per arm and arrived the next day.
Using the youtube german video disassembly, I was able to replace both arms and have a perfect MA again.

FYI, My MA did not have any screws by gymbal area to hold the plastic top. It just had plastic bumps there and the plastic top was 100% clipped in without screws

Reactions: Gurdeep
Mavic air crashed on the 4th flight while fooling around in sport mode.
broke both of the arms on the right side.
I ordered the arms using amazon prime it was 60cad per arm and arrived the next day.
Using the youtube german video disassembly, I was able to replace both arms and have a perfect MA again.

FYI, My MA did not have any screws by gymbal area to hold the plastic top. It just had plastic bumps there and the plastic top was 100% clipped in without screws
Hi, where can I find the front right arm of Mavic air for replacement. Pls advise as mine is broken from the folding hinge joint area. Thx

Got my air crashed too, sent it to dji repair. Total cost for motor arm, work and taxes wadls 110 eur. Not so cheap as DYI solution but DJI sent me totaly new drone which is nice:)

Edit: checked serial number, replacement drone was built august 29th 2019

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman