DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed into another drone! Gimbal & arm repair recommendations? UK

KateFly

Reactions
Yesterday I descended into another drone, lost half a propeller, began a rapid descent before crashing into a field. :(

Only been flying a month and was in the air along with a friend's mavic pro taking pictures of each other's drones. Doing an ariel view shot, and stupidly went lower instead of zooming in so sat on his Mavic.... I lost half a propeller, didn't respond to controller inputs so i just held it down and it crash landed a few hundred meters away to the left in a grassy farmers field. Gimbal movement was totally erratic

I've replaced 3 of the propelers. Gimbal is totally ripped off. And the back arm is cracked off. Also the casing on the other back arm is not in line... See pics below.

For now I've glued the snapped back arm so i Can fold it back up.

How do i get this repaired? I havent got insurance :( dronedoctor or TFix? I'm in North-west England.

How much would it roughly cost?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

What about the missing info from the story, was there any / much damage to the other MP craft, the aircraft the OP crashed into ?

Let's hope the OP did look after any repair costs to other fliers drone too, and now left stick down and zoom button functions are under control.

What about the missing info from the story, was there any / much damage to the other MP craft, the aircraft the OP crashed into ?

Let's hope the OP did look after any repair costs to other fliers drone too, and now left stick down and zoom button functions are under control.

Thankfully not much! He had hairline splits/cracks in a few propellers which wasnt expensive to replace.
Both got some good pics of our drones mid-flight though. I wont be flying in close proximity to another drone gain tho!

Thankfully not much! He had hairline splits/cracks in a few propellers which wasnt expensive to replace.
Both got some good pics of our drones mid-flight though. I wont be flying in close proximity to another drone gain tho!

Good to hear.
Sounds like the craft descending might be worse off in such a case, likely your camera had a hit on one of the other crafts' prop.

Obviously yours is all good now . . . re cost, I was thinking it through in my head last night and thought 200 - 250 pounds, based on my once ever crash and losing the camera props, and some minor cosmetic damage to a battery.

I don't fly near others since my son and I flew together for the first (and last) time . . . well at least near the other operator on the ground.
It was some sort of signal interference, affected his P4, my MP wasn't bothered, but he lost input at close range and it came down uncontrolled, only ended up breaking a prop.
We were only a few metres apart, seems to be ok if at least 10m distant.
Funny though, when this comes up on threads here many say they fly 10 or 20 drones in close proximity without issues.

Yesterday I descended into another drone, lost half a propeller, began a rapid descent before crashing into a field. :(

Only been flying a month and was in the air along with a friend's mavic pro taking pictures of each other's drones. Doing an ariel view shot, and stupidly went lower instead of zooming in so sat on his Mavic.... I lost half a propeller, didn't respond to controller inputs so i just held it down and it crash landed a few hundred meters away to the left in a grassy farmers field. Gimbal movement was totally erratic

I've replaced 3 of the propelers. Gimbal is totally ripped off. And the back arm is cracked off. Also the casing on the other back arm is not in line... See pics below.

For now I've glued the snapped back arm so i Can fold it back up.

How do i get this repaired? I havent got insurance :( dronedoctor or TFix? I'm in North-west England.

How much would it roughly cost?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
I'm not sure if they are for your drone original or for clones but if you find something suitable to repair it the prices seem honest.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000