DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed MA2 and engines bad.

• Thread starter Deleted member 125666
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 125666

So I crashed into a tree top. I could have saved it if pushed the stick up to gain altitude but I was to slow 2 sec marginal.
It fell down. A bit down but it's repairable so it mostly the wait for it to be done.

After a first test flight the downward sensors needed a calibration, the sound from the engines had changed and the right top had a dent. The gimbal seems okej, I have to check again though.

I am going to use DJI care to repair it and just sent a request.

I'm writing this as it perhaps may help others to check their drone after a crash.

I was able to calibrate the down sensors through DJI Assistant, but cant verify if the work properly they are slow to react to my hand. I can catch it by hand if I do it from the front of the drone, sometimes it fly upwards. I can also catch the drone by hand from the back but it is more often that it fly upwards. The fly app warns for low lighting so that test may very well be inaccurate.

The engines demanded a while to find the faulty ones. It was both front right and back left engine (the silver marked ones). They made a rattling sound when engines was turned on, the rattling sound was most noticeable at lower speeds and sounded the most when the engines was stopped, the sound was less noticeable when hovering. Removing the propellers and turning the engines on increased the rattling sound if I gently slowed the engines down the sound disappeared.

Turning the engines by hand, as fast as I can by "flicking" them by my fingers also gave a sound, a rattle but not as frequent as when they was turned on of course. When inspecting them closer visually they was out of shape, slightly oval to the form when looking from above at the outer casing of the engine. Inspecting the shaft /pin/ did not show any signs of it being bent and had no movement when turning either of the engines.

Attachments

• Lightroom_2020-05-26_23-38-39.png
    Lightroom_2020-05-26_23-38-39.png
    783.9 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: NonoT

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d