DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my M2P... Can't figure out what happened

This looks like magnetic interference from the bridge. The yaw record in the flight log is clearly inconsistent with the yaw as seen in the video:

Yaw.png

Additionally, the IMU record shows a sudden disagreement with the position data:

Delta_V.png

Positionally:

Position.png

That clearly shows the uncommanded excursion to the east after passing under the bridge.

1571369995026.jpeg

A full analysis requires the mobile device DAT file (FLY026.DAT).

How to retrieve a mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
This looks like magnetic interference from the bridge. The yaw record in the flight log is clearly inconsistent with the yaw as seen in the video:

View attachment 83721

Additionally, the IMU record shows a sudden disagreement with the position data:

View attachment 83722

Positionally:

View attachment 83723

That clearly shows the uncommanded excursion to the east after passing under the bridge.

View attachment 83724

A full analysis requires the mobile device DAT file (FLY026.DAT).

How to retrieve a mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

Wow, you guys are good!

I'm getting on that DAT file right now!

Thank you.

Guys question.

If this happens and you hit the pause button on the controller would the drone stop and hover?

Guys question.

If this happens and you hit the pause button on the controller would the drone stop and hover?
In normal flight it would, but when the drone is acting strangely because of a problem in the IMU, that problem would probably prevent the pause button from stopping the drone.

Here you are.

Thank you.

Another slightly strange Mavic 2 event. The bridge did introduce magnetic interference - you can see it in the magnetic field modulus and the individual magnetometer values at around 300 seconds:

magmod.png

magnetometers.png

That does lead to somewhat incorrect magnetic yaw values computed by both IMUs (the blue traces), but doesn't explain the 180° excursion in the IMU1 yaw value (the solid green trace):

magyaw.png

It wasn't derived from the magnetometer data or the IMU1 rate gyro data:

gyroZ.png

It was the direct cause of the sideways motion and the resulting crash, however.

@BudWalker

According to the Flight Record, it looks like the battery went from 99% to 84% in the first few seconds in the flight and stayed at 84% throughout the whole flight.

Is this the case or am I reading it wrong?

I thank all of you for your guidance and analysis.

Thanks.

Last edited:
According to the Flight Record, it looks like the battery went from 99% to 84% in the first few seconds in the flight and stayed at 84% throughout the whole flight.
We've seen a few incidents lately where Phantomhelp log viewer shows similar and gives a false %.
The voltage is what really matters rather than the % indicator.
In this case, there was still plenty of battery at the end of the flight and there's no hint of any battery issue.

Reactions: Jwatts2344
We've seen a few incidents lately where Phantomhelp log viewer shows similar and gives a false %.
The voltage is what really matters rather than the % indicator.
In this case, there was still plenty of battery at the end of the flight and there's no hint of any battery issue.

You guys know your stuff!

Thanks.

Reactions: PhotoDude2011

I thank all of you for your guidance and analysis.

Thanks.

That's an incorrect representation of the battery data. Both smart battery level and the voltage in the log file show the battery performing normally.

voltage.png

Reactions: Jwatts2344

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet