DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my Mavic 2 Zoom, Gimbal Issue

WKDWILDOG

Reactions
Hi Guys,
I crashed my new mavic 2 zoom, and now my gimbal is not centering properly. Camera is still working ok. I put on a gimbal protector to hold it horizontal in flight.
Please see this image, its where the camera points after startup.. It rotates around trying to calibrate, but always ends up here.
I didn't get any extra coverage for repairs, so what, if anything can I do????
Thanks!
WkdwildogGimbal Issue 1.jpg

You could have a crack at checking it over, the gimbal ribbon in place, any gimbal plate rubbers all in place etc.
Plenty of self repair tutorials on YouTube for such, some examples . . .

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mavic+2+zoom+gimbal+fix

Or, send for repair.
Either DJI, or perhaps one of the private repairers with a good reputation.

An approved vendor here is DDS . . .

Or a past member with very good past service, and closer to you . . .

thunderdrones.org

Hope it works out economically for you which ever way you feel comfortable with.

I put on a gimbal protector to hold it horizontal in flight.
A BAD idea I think, the gimbal motors might well be working to hold it steady and the protector will be fighting them.
The gap to the left looks a little big to me.
You might want to do a search for "calibrating the gimbal" threads, I recollect there are some on here about using software to reset the calibration as an apprach if the normal App calibration fails to fix the problem.

Reactions: Yaros
A BAD idea I think, the gimbal motors might well be working to hold it steady and the protector will be fighting them.
The gap to the left looks a little big to me.
You might want to do a search for "calibrating the gimbal" threads, I recollect there are some on here about using software to reset the calibration as an apprach if the normal App calibration fails to fix the problem.
Yes right! The motors might stop working if it is held in-flight.
A good idea would be the gimbal calibration from the app and if it doesn't work, send it to DJI for repair.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas