DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my Mavic Air and have a couple of question

IowaDJIPilot

Reactions
Hey all, I crashed my Mavic Air in a tree and it's making a slight clicking noise when I start the props. Don't want to try and fly it if there is a problem. On inspection post crash aircraft, besides some scratches and scuffs were it fell through the tree to the ground, there doesn't appear to be any external damage but after inspection I started the props and noticed a very low end ticking sound that is sporadic. Props don't appear to be hitting anything, but don't want to fly it in fear of any damages it may have or will have if I do fly it. Any help along these lines would be greatly appreciated.

Hey all, I crashed my Mavic Air in a tree and it's making a slight clicking noise when I start the props. Don't want to try and fly it if there is a problem. On inspection post crash aircraft, besides some scratches and scuffs were it fell through the tree to the ground, there doesn't appear to be any external damage but after inspection I started the props and noticed a very low end ticking sound that is sporadic. Props don't appear to be hitting anything, but don't want to fly it in fear of any damages it may have or will have if I do fly it. Any help along these lines would be greatly appreciated.
I'd advise to first remove the props & give them a thorough inspection on both their mounting lugs & for hairline cracks across the blades

Reactions: IowaDJIPilot
I would remove all props and run. Then add props 1 at a time, listen each time. Only running 1 prop at a time

Reactions: hiflyer201
Could a bit of debris have got into a motor?
Is there a crack in one of the arms that is opening up under load allowing prop to hit body?
Any stickers or tape on drones that might be lifting and touching prop?

Props bend when running so good chance of hitting. As said, change them first. GL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe