DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cree ultra bright light

I have one on the back exstended legs so I could see the MP better on sunny days . I got my strobe from msinger I am very happy with it and good service

2nd that. For the new guys, Mike (@msinger here) runs MavicHelp.com and provides some of the best service I've had online. Very responsive customer care.

You can see them from the front and side. They are very bright.
Yes. I have been using them for years. But if you face them to the back or front, you can see them much better and it helps with orientation. Unless you typically fly sideways.

That is odd. How are to supposed to see it as it is flying away or coming towards you? You need to have them facing to the front or rear.
You can mount them on the back of the same mount just as well, even on the front! I never use these during the day, only on night flights. You can also use them for orientation on the sides as well (I don't only fly towards me and away from me). It's all about preference I think!

As I posted earlier, here is where I mounted my Cree's
White facing front, red facing rear, just like a car
20171007_081952.jpg 20171007_082017.jpg

I've had no problem mounting them on the front right and left rear arm.
413572627.jpg

413572628.jpg

I haven't shot enough video at night to see if it affects the camera, but they sure are bright.

Jake
What colors on the front& back?

IMO, mounting them on the arms is OK but you will not get the full visual brightness with them pointing off at an angle like that. That is why i mounted mine pointing straight forwards and backwards.
YMMV
:)

Reactions: WAXMAN
I stuck mine on a set of extended landing legs. White in the back, right is green and left is red, as per spec for aircraft. Except my white is also a strobe not just a steady white like aircraft needs to be.

Hot glue has held them securely, and I can easily move them to my charging station without needing to move the whole Mavic.

Get the Cree, they are brighter!

Got mine (white) from eBay here: DRONE WHITE CREE STROBE LIGHT RC PLANE DJI INSPIRE 1 2 PHANTOM MAVIC QUADCOPTER | eBay

Mounted mine like this:IMG_1321.JPG

And did two batteries worth of flights today. Clear blue sky with the Sun low above the horizon. I could spot Mavic easily for about 500 meters by the bright point of light in the sky.

Mounting the way I did, it is visible both pointing towards and away from me, but the light is stronger when pointing towards me, as that plate is angled.

No interference with the compass or the camera (especially with a lens hood).

I mount my White ones on the front with a bracket and the Red on the rear landing gear all are removable and hot glued onMavic Rear Strobe  Red.jpg Mavic Strobe Dismounted.jpg Mavic with Strobes.jpg

I just ordered a white set and a red set from msinger. Can't wait to put them on!
Thank you for ordering from me. I'll ship your package out Monday (since USPS is closed tomorrow).

Buy direct from strobon, they are in Canterbury,Kent UK

If you're in the UK that may make sense, but they get here much faster if you order from our own @msinger at his STROBON Cree LED Strobe Light - Phantom Help
(And the other post linking to the listing on ebay are more expensive than ordering from Mike) Of course you're free to order direct, but the price is almost the same and it takes a bit longer to get to the states.

I also like to support Mike because of all the patient help he gives to everyone on this forum. Getting fast, friendly (& free) help when you have a pressing question is priceless. Just sayin' Thumbswayup

Reactions: msinger
I have been using Strobon and other Leds from Flyton on my RC aircraft since they came out. The newer Cree Leds are much brighter and can be seen by the naked eye for over 5 miles if you are within about a 30 degree cone. The older ones are good to about 3 miles with a slightly wider cone arc There are some other sets of Leds if you actually need to use front spotlights for say a search party. But they come from a different company.

Any thoughts of where one of these lights should be mounted on the Mavic?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688