DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal Ball for Platinum Pricing

It seems the Fly More Combo is the most legit. Those super packs that include 20 different items (ebay/Amazon) make me a little nervous...and I think the quality is not as good. Thoughts?
I would agree, also only watching prices on the ones that are listed as ''Prime" I think even tho Amazon is listed as a Dji authorized dealer,(their website) not all MPP listed on Amazon qualify as such. Always check who it is sold by and shipped from. Do plan on ordering my first MPP from Amazon as I have been Prime member many years, 30 day returns, earn 5% on purchases. Hopefully activating the Dji care refresh won't be a problem. Will be finding out soon, but any comments from anyone who has already done so, would be appreciated.

Those super packs that include 20 different items (ebay/Amazon) make me a little nervous...and I think the quality is not as good. Thoughts?
Many of those packages include 3rd party accessories. While there are some great 3rd party accessories, there are also low quality items and/or unneeded items included in many packages. It would be best to make a list of exactly what you need and then price everything out to see if a package or buying everything separately is a better deal.

I think even tho Amazon is listed as a Dji authorized dealer,(their website) not all MPP listed on Amazon qualify as such. Always check who it is sold by and shipped from.
Great point!

If interested, I keep a list of authorized DJI dealers selling MPPs on Amazon here.

First post here and first time drone owner - will likely order the MPP Fly More Combo tomorrow morning.

I agree with what others have written about buyer's remorse. This is probably the model industry for fast paced innovations. As others have stated, you'll never end up owning anything if you keep waiting for that magic moment in the market. On the other hand, once an announcement of a new product like the MP2 is made, it might make sense to give it some time and wait for the inevitable price drop on the older models.

In my case, I have a trip to Costa Rica coming up in early March, so although a price drop in the MPP is probably coming, I just can't wait. It's going to be cutting it close as it is - waiting for it to arrive and then trying to become a passable pilot (and find some weather breaks during which to practice in the cold MN winter!) in a mere month.

As for the actual purchase, I am staying clear of the MEGA PACKS as they just seem too dubious to me. Besides, the FMC has about the exact blend of accessories I want. I've seen a few places online at $1300 but it looks like the majority of reputable sellers are still locked in at $1400. But here's how I plan to ease the blow of that purchase: I'll use a credit card that currently gives me bonus points for online purchases. On top of that, I'm going to click through the Chase shopping portal (many airline miles programs have shopping portals too) to get 3 Ultimate Rewards points for each dollar I spend at the particular online merchant (Crutchfield.com). That's 4200 points just for clicking through the shopping portal. I value this many Ultimate rewards points at $120, and that's on top of the $20+ in value I'll get for the credit card points. Add to the fact that I won't get charged sales tax from the website (unlike Amazon in my state) and the deal seems a little easier to swallow. If you can't find a sale price, you just have to create your own!

First post here and first time drone owner - will likely order the MPP Fly More Combo tomorrow morning.

I agree with what others have written about buyer's remorse. This is probably the model industry for fast paced innovations. As others have stated, you'll never end up owning anything if you keep waiting for that magic moment in the market. On the other hand, once an announcement of a new product like the MP2 is made, it might make sense to give it some time and wait for the inevitable price drop on the older models.

In my case, I have a trip to Costa Rica coming up in early March, so although a price drop in the MPP is probably coming, I just can't wait. It's going to be cutting it close as it is - waiting for it to arrive and then trying to become a passable pilot (and find some weather breaks during which to practice in the cold MN winter!) in a mere month.

As for the actual purchase, I am staying clear of the MEGA PACKS as they just seem too dubious to me. Besides, the FMC has about the exact blend of accessories I want. I've seen a few places online at $1300 but it looks like the majority of reputable sellers are still locked in at $1400. But here's how I plan to ease the blow of that purchase: I'll use a credit card that currently gives me bonus points for online purchases. On top of that, I'm going to click through the Chase shopping portal (many airline miles programs have shopping portals too) to get 3 Ultimate Rewards points for each dollar I spend at the particular online merchant (Crutchfield.com). That's 4200 points just for clicking through the shopping portal. I value this many Ultimate rewards points at $120, and that's on top of the $20+ in value I'll get for the credit card points. Add to the fact that I won't get charged sales tax from the website (unlike Amazon in my state) and the deal seems a little easier to swallow. If you can't find a sale price, you just have to create your own!
Awesome! Sounds like you got it all figured out! Just a quote from DJI's own website for you; "With enhanced endurance and quieter flight, the Mavic Pro Platinum is DJI's BEST portable drone yet" that's DJI's own words even after they released the Air. So doubt you'll be to disappointed with your decision. I'll be ordering my tomorrow as well, different route, 5% cash back on my $1400 purchase, best I could find and buy from authorized dealer insuring warranty and care refresh. I'll just deal with things when the MP II comes out, until then really want to just start to enjoy flying best drone ever.
(that's best ever as of 02/02/18 lol)

$1295 for MPP FMC over at B&H Photo Video today. I too have been closely watching for the prices to drop. I’m in no real rush to pull the trigger though. Figuring on the MP II, and waiting on weather to warm up here in OH.

Reactions: ToddR and poplogic
Adorama.com has MPP for $1023 and MPP Fly More for $1274, both with free expedited shipping. If the Mavic 2 isn’t a huge improvement (although i think it honestly will be), I may just pull the trigger on the MPP Fly More.

Reactions: ToddR and Hossinn
Adorama.com has MPP for $1023 and MPP Fly More for $1274, both with free expedited shipping. If the Mavic 2 isn’t a huge improvement (although i think it honestly will be), I may just pull the trigger on the MPP Fly More.

I like the idea of waiting for the M2, but I'm already pushing it, big time, paying for the MPP + hard case. I'm guessing the (better M2) is going to be in the $1,500 - $1,800 range. If I'm right, there's no chance I can pull that. I think I'm just going to go for the MPP.

Reactions: poplogic
After a month of intense research, and as a would-be first-time drone owner/pilot, I'm just about (financially) ready to pull the trigger. I've been heavily leaning toward the MPP, but I'm intrigued by the Mavic Pro II...just wish I didn't have to wait for another month+, and I don't know what the price of the MPII will be...sigh.

Although the world now seems to think the MP2 is coming in March, if you actually read the tweets from the individual responsible for this rumour, he says that an announcement is due “Late March to June” and it is clear that the suggestions of features included are his thoughts on it and little more. There’s a lot of faith being thrown at one guy’s tweets.

Although the world now seems to think the MP2 is coming in March, if you actually read the tweets from the individual responsible for this rumour, he says that an announcement is due “Late March to June” and it is clear that the suggestions of features included are his thoughts on it and little more. There’s a lot of faith being thrown at one guy’s tweets.

True, but that would mean that we’d have more time to save up the $$$ to be able to purchase it!

Seriously, though, it’s a pretty good time for people like me that are looking to upgrade to a Mavic Pro: We either have the initial info to start saving our pennies for the new Mavic Pro, or we can take advantage of the price cuts that have happened to both the Mavic Pro and the MPP because of said rumors.

Reactions: frogbmth
I found such a good deal here on the MPP flymore at £250off (350 USD) that I bought it and am delighted with it, it truly is a good buy. It is so nice in flight, it kinda has a purring sound

MPP Flymore is currently 150 USD cheaper at 1249 USD - not as awesome as the deal you’ve found but with the MPP batteries at 90 USD each it’s not a bad deal to get the combo.

It’s not easy being patient about the MP2 announcement whenever that will be! But, again, either way it’s a win-win situation.

Reactions: frogbmth
That’s a great price, it’s all relative as things cost a lot more here, the MPP flymore full price here is £1449 so that’s like $2,000 US Dollars

I find it amusing how many people talk about the Mavic 2 like it is a done deal and will be announced in March. I guess speculation may be fun for some, but until DJI releases some real information about another new drone I'll focus on the one I have now.

I find it amusing how many people talk about the Mavic 2 like it is a done deal and will be announced in March. I guess speculation may be fun for some, but until DJI releases some real information about another new drone I'll focus on the one I have now.

True, but point being point I’m looking to upgrade from my Spark - it’s a good drone, but I’d like to get into something with a camera that has more flexible options - and the greater radio strength that the MP provides is also desireable in my situation.

So even if a Mavic 2 doesn’t come out until Kingdom Come, at least it’s on the radar and I can save up for it - and if it isn’t what it’s cracked up to be I can pull the trigger on a Mavic Pro Platinum at a decent price reduction. Win-win.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo