DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal Sky vs. iPad Pro

Enjoy your new screen when you get it, I always use my CS but I then have the ability to revert back to iOS when needed.

Reactions: Watash48
There is one limitation if you go with the wifi only model of an idevice - from reading, the wifi one does not contain on-board gps. Now it is not entirely necessary but the gps on phone/tab allows you to change your home point - so it you move your position while flying - bike, car jogging, skiing, you will not be able to change the home point easily - there can be workarounds.

Hi ff22, Thank you for your follow-up. I believe I should have GPS functionality for the reasons you stated. Would that also require me to pay for a cellular data plan?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned one primary difference between the CS and ipad: Screen brightness. The CS Ultra has 2000 nits; over twice that of the ipad. I can fly mid day sun on blinding snow covered landscape with the CS. Hard to do with an ipad.

Hi ff22, Thank you for your follow-up. I believe I should have GPS functionality for the reasons you stated. Would that also require me to pay for a cellular data plan?

The GPS is independent of cellphone function. While you must give the CS and aircraft a few seconds, you see it come up on the display. Mine usually “sees” over 10 satellites before I launch

Reactions: Watash48
I'm surprised no one has mentioned one primary difference between the CS and ipad: Screen brightness. The CS Ultra has 2000 nits; over twice that of the ipad. I can fly mid day sun on blinding snow covered landscape with the CS. Hard to do with an ipad.

I understand, I'm going to add a hood. Thank you

I did in post #5 but I’ve only got the 5.5 which is only 1000 nits;)

Reactions: PinpointUAVS
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom