DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky Mavic 2 Bracket Question

Rusty in Bend

Reactions
Does anyone know if the DJI "CrystalSky Mavic Pro/Spark Remote Controller Mounting Bracket" ... works and fits correctly on a Mavic-2 controller? My CrystalSky is on the way, and I'd like to use the integrated DJI bracket, but it doesn't specifically say it fits "Mavic 2" (only Pro and Spark).

Figured I'd ask and see if anybody has tried it and either succeeded or failed. Looking for "empirical evidence" only. Not really looking for "opinions" about whether or not it "should" fit.

Rusty

The Mavic Bracket isn't compatible, here is a video I did of the solution I like so I can maintain the quick-release setup I like so much with the DJI brackets.

Great info. I like the creativity of the piece-parts on the video. I'm also looking at the Evolution3D Mavic-2 mount and talking about a custom version without the forward post, but that still fits the rear post. Easy to modify since it's all done with 3D printers.

The Mavic Bracket isn't compatible, here is a video I did of the solution I like so I can maintain the quick-release setup I like so much with the DJI brackets.
Just got all the parts and of all the mount options I have tried, this is my mount of choice. The liftthore was the best before, but this option balances better, and you don't need the neck strap as it all sites nicely in your hand.

Reactions: Aerial-Pixel
Does anyone know if the DJI "CrystalSky Mavic Pro/Spark Remote Controller Mounting Bracket" ... works and fits correctly on a Mavic-2 controller? My CrystalSky is on the way, and I'd like to use the integrated DJI bracket, but it doesn't specifically say it fits "Mavic 2" (only Pro and Spark).

Figured I'd ask and see if anybody has tried it and either succeeded or failed. Looking for "empirical evidence" only. Not really looking for "opinions" about whether or not it "should" fit.

Rusty
No it does not work, waiting for DJI to retool a new one.

Aerial-Pixel I took your advise and did exactly what your video showed. I had both devices laying around on a shelf in my computer room and ten minutes later I was hooked up and flying, thanks.

Reactions: Aerial-Pixel
Aerial-Pixel I took your advise and did exactly what your video showed. I had both devices laying around on a shelf in my computer room and ten minutes later I was hooked up and flying, thanks.
Works like a charm don't-it!

Just got all the parts and of all the mount options I have tried, this is my mount of choice. The liftthore was the best before, but this option balances better, and you don't need the neck strap as it all sites nicely in your hand.
Plus it just looks freaking cool!

Reactions: mikeroycollins
The DJI bracket is compatible if you remove (or replace with your Mavic I controller's) tablet holder arms.

The DJI bracket is compatible if you remove (or replace with your Mavic I controller's) tablet holder arms.
It looks really dumb, I've tried it, the shape of the Mavic 2's controller arms are a different shape.
IMG_20180904_193627.jpg

Suit yourself. There are hundreds of mounts that hold the tablet above the controller.

To me those mounts are dumb, as they take up too much space when packed for travel, and the ergonomics and balance look awful.

Count me in the minority of people who like the DJI mount as it is portable and has ergonomics similar to how an iPad in the tablet arms would feel.

abff4ca2c6bde876fa9b317ac1e58c0a.jpg
481076307c5c86d0524d921cd4ac5787.jpg
21f370e1f303e117fc54c1ca69106072.jpg

Reactions: EasyV and Mrtsb3061
can you post ip some more info on the PolarPro FlightDeck mount issue u had posted earlier....

can you post ip some more info on the PolarPro FlightDeck mount issue u had posted earlier....

Actually it’s Negative/Positive . Negative as the Crystalsky Remote Mount I bought in OCT 2018 (see photo ) failed when the nurled brass tightener came apart from the spindle. ( Its probably been redesigned on the Flightdeck). The Positive was the way Polarpro support responded which gave me re assurance to continue to buy from Polarpro. That said my post wasn’t about Polarpro or if their mount is better or worse than others. I shared that if you had already invested $85 in a DJI Crystalsky mounting Bracket for the Mavic Pro then for $6 you can now re-utilize the same bracket with the Mavic 2 Pro controller. However if you don’t already own the DJI mount then you probably won’t go down this route. Have a great day.
56e931c3e4f8b0fb090cdfcab660b16e.jpg

Last edited:
Actually it’s Negative/Positive . Negative as the Crystalsky Remote Mount I bought in OCT 2018 (see photo ) failed when the nurled brass tightener came apart from the spindle. ( Its probably been redesigned on the Flightdeck). The Positive was the way Polarpro support responded which gave me re assurance to continue to buy from Polarpro. That said my post wasn’t about Polarpro or if their mount is better or worse than others. I shared that if you had already invested $85 in a DJI Crystalsky mounting Bracket for the Mavic Pro then for $6 you can now re-utilize the same bracket with the Mavic 2 Pro controller. However if you don’t already own the DJI mount then you probably won’t go down this route. Have a great day.
56e931c3e4f8b0fb090cdfcab660b16e.jpg
correct me if im wrong, you posted up that the new FlightDeck mount you recieved was defective & "fell apart" when you recieved it"looking at that picture u were asked to post up the issue with the FlightDeck mount, that is NOT the flightdeck mount,that is the previous version before the one just released..! soo the question/request was to post pics of the newest mount(FlightDeck) mount with the fall apart issues... u got two issues confused..!

Last edited:
Ah Ha, I can see where the confusion is, on the PolarPro website, they sell two Mavic 2 Mounts that are current products and look similar. You are correct mine wasn't the Flightdeck. Products fail, it happens, however its how a company responds thats important, in my case Polarpro were excellent and I was refunded. That actually gives me more confidence in buying from them in future. Anyway, thanks for pointing it out and have a great day.

Last edited:
Reactions: dfb
This is how I mounted mine. Cut about 3/8" out of the middle of the rc side of the mount then insert them in the arms. Pull the arms down until the screws line up with the holes. Still solid and costs nothing.

IMG_0035.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54