DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky Mounting Bracket for RC Mavic Pro 2 : Not work

If you are using the 7.85 and the clip isn't right at the bottom of the screen then the CS wants to flop forward. It's the same with the mavmount.
So the easy fix would be to attach a lanyard to the screen? Like so... A small cable from some cheap GoPro knock off and an old gym bag strap. $0 ten seconds. Btw My 7.85 was loaned to a friend going to NC to help so I used my 5.5.

20180917_181916.jpg 20180917_181821.jpg 20180917_181802.jpg

Yes, you can rotate it around and have the screen on the bottom. It isn't very practical but you can do it. Even less so with the larger CS.

I think both the polar and the mav suffer from the same lanyard clip issue. Both of them could be easily fixed at the production point. Just extend the mount where it screws into the bottom of the CS with a half moon shaped extension and you have the perfect connection point. Just like I did when I made my bracket. They both could do the same.

Yes, you can rotate it around and have the screen on the bottom. It isn't very practical but you can do it. Even less so with the larger CS.

I think both the polar and the mav suffer from the same lanyard clip issue. Both of them could be easily fixed at the production point. Just extend the mount where it screws into the bottom of the CS with a half moon shaped extension and you have the perfect connection point. Just like I did when I made my bracket. They both could do the same.

Yea I agree. I have the Pygtech lanyard kit as well somewhere... I didn't like it or any lanyard that obstructs my view so it was out. Typically, I have a wrist strap attached to the CS when I have the DJI mount. I don't need a lanyard.

Nice exchange of ideas though!

Btw can you do this with the Mav Mount? Legit question...
You can for sure rotate it, change the clamp, use and device, etc etc.

When i woke up this morning I didnt think I'd end up posting the least flattering picture of my stomach ever, but here ya go guys, haha. :)

When i let go of the CS 7.25" ultrabright, this is what it does for me. the lanyard emanation point angle is almost identical to the home made one above, so i am guessing that is why it is fine.

20180917_162506.jpg

Yea I agree. I have the Pygtech lanyard kit as well somewhere... I didn't like it or any lanyard that obstructs my view so it was out. Typically, I have a wrist strap attached to the CS when I have the DJI mount. I don't need a lanyard.

Nice exchange of ideas though!

Initially, I just held the controller and CS. But the more I flew and the longer the flight time my wrist would start to ache a bit. The larger CS, mavmount and controller come close to 4 lbs. While not heavy by any means but when you are trying to hold it and control the bird it get tiresome. Pile on a couple back to back flights and mild carpal tunnel and it wasn't long for me to look for a solution.

Mavmount's lanyard clip and bracket had two flaws, which we've talk about, so I ended up fixing them on my end. I do have a polar and mount for a samsung TAB A6 as my back up.

You can for sure rotate it, change the clamp, use and device, etc etc.

When i woke up this morning I didnt think I'd end up posting the least flattering picture of my stomach ever, but here ya go guys, haha. :)

When i let go of the CS 7.25" ultrabright, this is what it does for me. the lanyard emanation point angle is almost identical to the home made one above, so i am guessing that is why it is fine.

View attachment 46940

I'll see you on the big belly and raise you clip location!! lol

Just by moving the clip point up to the bottom of the screen it changes the balance a great deal. The controller is almost horizontal now and I don't have to use my hands to rotate it at all. That fact as well as now I can use the fast USB-C port on the bottom of the controller makes the home-brew bracket a win.

1zoj22e.jpg

I purchased original Mavic controller arms on eBay for $27, swapped them, taking off the Mavic 2 arms and my original mount works perfectly. Cheaper than getting a new mount for sure!

Reactions: Cantrepeat
I purchased original Mavic controller arms on eBay for $27, swapped them, taking off the Mavic 2 arms and my original mount works perfectly. Cheaper than getting a new mount for sure!

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I DIDN'T THINK OF THAT! I have a remote for a Mavic Pro! Hold my beer!

Reactions: Cantrepeat

That's just brilliant! Such a simple idea and fix to a nuance issue! Pretty sweet you shared the fix as well!

Take my like!

It works perfectly! The arms from the Mavic Pro and from the spark. I ordered a set for my air awhile back before I sold it. And ordered 2 sets last week for my Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom!

Hey what size torx is that and could you post a video showing how to do it? I have a tendency to over disassemble things... I had to catch myself...

Oh and before everyone runs out and does this, I would assume that this eliminates the possibility of storing your sticks, right?

If anyone cares and went and done it... Oh and thegrider gave me the initial idea.

If you buy a mavmount for your CS do not order the lanyard kit with it. The attachment clip that comes with it will not allow you to plug into the bottom USB-C port.

11ieudh.jpg

When I contacted mavmount about the issue their response was to "just plug it into the side of the CrystalSky". Clearly the clip is not made to work with the CS. I sent them a photo of a clip I made and suggested they alter the design of the clip for the CS. I never received a reply.

To that end, even if I did use the side plug and used the mavmount clip it is in a location that makes the CS flop backwards and you still have to use your hands and wrist strength to hold the controller and CS in a manner you can view the screen. This pretty much eliminates the purpose of a lanyard.

I suggested the clip mount be made as part of the mount itself. I never got a replay, again.

So I just made my own. It holds the CS and remote in a nice angle for viewing without needing to use your hands or wrist to support the controller or CS.

jt3u54.jpg

29mt40p.jpg

2w20tvo.jpg

A little crud but I don't have a machine shop so all the work was done by hand.
Any chance you can give the dimensions of the piece you made?

Here is my FrankenMount solution for the Mavic 2. I took the base plate from my MavMount (I believe it's version 2), removed the ball mount and replaced it with the DJI CrystalSky mount for Phantom. I used one of the existing holes in the base plate and bolted it through with a 6mm cap screw and lock nut.

I tried the Polar Pro mount but it doesn't fit well into the Mavic 2 controller because of the rubber holders for the controller knobs. I also tried the MavMount CrystalSky adapter but really wanted something with quick release.

This solution works beautifully. It is very stable and the DJI mount has a lanyard slot as well.IMG_4770.JPGIMG_4771.JPGIMG_4772.JPGIMG_4773.JPGIMG_4774.JPG

Here is my FrankenMount solution for the Mavic 2. I took the base plate from my MavMount (I believe it's version 2), removed the ball mount and replaced it with the DJI CrystalSky mount for Phantom. I used one of the existing holes in the base plate and bolted it through with a 6mm cap screw and lock nut.

I tried the Polar Pro mount but it doesn't fit well into the Mavic 2 controller because of the rubber holders for the controller knobs. I also tried the MavMount CrystalSky adapter but really wanted something with quick release.

This solution works beautifully. It is very stable and the DJI mount has a lanyard slot as well.View attachment 49142View attachment 49143View attachment 49144View attachment 49145View attachment 49146

Nice! Yea I also tired of the Polar Pro mount and using the screw driver. I'm quick release spoiled by the DJI mount.

Just modded a little bit my mavmount 3.0 now to accommodate my CS/UB 7.85 using the mavmount cs-adapter & have free space to use the usb-c angled or straight cable & also use a neck lanyard to balance off & support the weight of the set up using a 1/4 20 hot shoe adapter as a spacer to raise the monitor a lil bit up,giving me no interferance with the lanyard loop attachment... got the 2 shoe adapters for $8 on amazon & works awesome...! heres some pics...View attachment 59000View attachment 59001View attachment 59002View attachment 59003View attachment 59004View attachment 59005

Attachments

• B261EA59-1D6B-4F3F-AAB1-CAEFFABBDAB7.jpeg
    B261EA59-1D6B-4F3F-AAB1-CAEFFABBDAB7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • 37C86A64-2DF4-483E-B592-118CBCDB1140.jpeg
    37C86A64-2DF4-483E-B592-118CBCDB1140.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • BE226153-77EB-490F-AB97-790932876CF3.jpeg
    BE226153-77EB-490F-AB97-790932876CF3.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 23
  • D34743AD-FABE-4CF1-A229-B67B0D1B28D8.jpeg
    D34743AD-FABE-4CF1-A229-B67B0D1B28D8.jpeg