DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky screen protector

TOMWOLVES

Reactions
Hello all, I ordered a CrystalSky 5.5 monitor Friday. I was curious as what kind of screen protector one uses, or recommends to protect the SC 5.5 screen from finger prints etc. ? Thank you very much for the advice and response.

I personally never liked the screen protectors, I feel they hinder the sensitivity of the touch screen. I do have the Polar Pro cover for my 7.85 CS

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Hello all, I ordered a CrystalSky 5.5 monitor Friday. I was curious as what kind of screen protector one uses, or recommends to protect the SC 5.5 screen from finger prints etc. ? Thank you very much for the advice and response.

Buy cheap ones (non glare) for an iPad or so on aliexpress and cut them (with a photo cutter) to the right size.

Or buy custom made also on aliexpress.

5.5/7.85 inch Beschermende Film HD explosieveilige Screen Protector voor DJI CrystalSky Monitor in 5.5/7.85 inch Beschermende Film HD explosieveilige Screen Protector voor DJI CrystalSky Monitor van Drone Accessoires Kits op AliExpress.com | Alibaba Groep

Peter

Be aware though, an anti glare protector will detract some of the brightness which after all is one of the major reasons in buying a CS in the first place. Cheers.

Does a matte finish antiglare screen protector benefit over losses in brightness by removing annoying screen reflections? Or does the protectors unsmooth matte surface catch light on bright/sunny days and therefore make viewing the screen difficult?

Can anyone advise a good manufacturer of both a matte and a gloss screen protector?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Does a matte finish antiglare screen protector benefit over losses in brightness by removing annoying screen reflections? Or does the protectors unsmooth matte surface catch light in bright/sunny spaces and therefore make viewing the screen difficult?
I have a Antiglare screen protector on my Nexus 7 tablet, and the glare of the sun is still terrible, as I have to use a sunshade. With my new CrystalSky 5.5 monitor I really don't need any screen protector other than for finger prints. Hope this helps some! In another post " CrystalSky 5.5" I posted a short video of me using the CrystalSky 5.5 in the direct sun.

I keep seeing explosion resistance/proof on Chinese screen protectors. I wander if they will provide any guarantee against explosion damage?

Just had a quick look. They seem to be tempered glass protectors which I am really not a fan of. Tempered glass provides really good protection from small area/ sharp object impacts by spreading force over a larger area of the screen. However I have found that due to their thickness that touch responsiveness is drastically reduced. It's not so noticeable when pushing virtual buttons, however when you swipe, pinch or pull the screen they become annoying. I had to remove my last one from my nVidia Shield pad because during the ridiculous swipe to see lock code screen, fast swipes would not completely register and so the lock code screen would not appear.

Be aware though, an anti glare protector will detract some of the brightness which after all is one of the major reasons in buying a CS in the first place. Cheers.

My Ultra is bright enough. Also with the screen protector.

Peter

How long did it take for you to receive the "2X Explosion-proof Screen Protector" from China? I know I have ordered stuff from China before and it takes months to get my things.

For me in Australia it was a couple of weeks

Got these from ebay for my 5.5 and Ultra, they are cut perfectly to fit

2x Explosion-proof Screen Protector Film For DJI CrystalSky Monitor 5.5” & 7.85” | eBay

I just received these screen protectors today and got one flight in with it in direct Florida sunlight. It fits perfectly and goes on easily. It seems highly reflective to me, possibly too much. I am going to get two or three more flights in before I make a final decision. The CS is too sharp to ruin with a reflection of yourself staring back at you! Rain tomorrow......:mad:

Last edited:
I just received these screen protectors today and got one flight in with it in direct Florida sunlight. It fits perfectly and goes on easily. It seems highly reflective to me, possibly too much. I am going to get two or three more flights in before I make a final decision. The CS is too sharp to ruin with a reflection of yourself staring back at you! Rain tomorrow......:mad:

The screen reflections are not bad at maximum brightness ?

The CS has a super glossy screen to start off with

Last edited:
Ok then, let us know when you can. Also, How long did it take for you to receive them in the mail?

The screen reflections are not bad at maximum brightness ?

The CS has a super glossy screen to start off with
Based on this single flight I am stating that to me it seems very reflective in direct sunlight, more so than the CS without the screen protector on Maximum Brightness!

After a few more flights I will definitely determine if I personally will be removing the screen protector.

can you used liquid glass?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS