DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky Ultra Bright Monitord

Glad you like it. Many people dont like the DJI mounting bracket. It just goes to show that that there is not a one "best" solution. Different people will have different opinions on what works for them. You said in a post that you bought the lif thor sif(or however its spelled). Have you received it yet? Just wondering what your thoughts were on it compared to the dji mount. I've never used a lif thor and just wondered what you think of it.

I placed the order on June 29th, they say 2 - 3 days delivery so it should be here by end of the coming week. I decided to go with LifThor Sif CS II bracket because their bracket holds monitor higher and the tightening of the monitor in selected position is solved a bit different then in Polar Pro or MavMount brackets:
upload_2018-7-1_17-38-8.png

I received the LifThor Sif CS II bracket today, it costed me $150.00 (including shipping) plus $22 duty (all in CAD). It is very easy to install the monitor and attach bracket to RC (nowhere as easy and solid as the DJI bracket but this is the only thing DJI bracket is better at). Once all is installed and hooked up the bracket works very good. Great balance, even hanging on StrapThor Lanyard and placing bottom of the bracket on my bely I was able to take my hands off without any issues. In order to attached monitor to the bracket couple screws need to be hand tighten, no need to use any tools. A big plus is that RC display, buttons and controls are clearly visible.
Attached picture shows what it looks like when all is hooked up, first picture is DJI bracket with CS Ultra when hold by one hand.

20180704_174210.jpg 20180704_180028.jpg 20180704_180044.jpg 20180704_180155.jpg 20180704_180538.jpg 20180704_181323.jpg

You can also you the Mavmount crystalsky adapter to mount the CS on a tripod. That works really well as the CS gets kinda heavy after a while. Raise the tripod up so that the CS is at eye level, and no more neck strain looking down all the time. Get a 6 foot cord so your not 'tied' to the tripod/CS set up. Works really well. Plex Kodi Lucky Patcher

Last edited:
I have the Crystalsky Ultra, and I have had no problems. the display is brilliant, and makes a good monitor for editing.
I recommend that you buy the CS adapter from Mavmount - $29. You can then mount the CS to a tripod that can be raised to eye level.
The CS is heavy after 20+ minutes (actually it's that your biceps are in a curl position the whole time, so they tighten), so the tripod REALLY helps with that. In addition, there's no neck strain as the CS is at eye level. Also, people think you are professional videographer, or something like that.
I have the ultra 8inch and have it mounted with a mavmount with a lanyard attached so the weight is distributed much better around my neck. Have had no problems with heat and I live in phx Az. One of the best purchases I've made for my rig. Well worth the 1k.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS