DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Curious about this long distance drone control system

AMann

Reactions
This was in recent news about Ukrainian remote controlled drone boats. Does anyone know what control transmitter system he is using? I assume he’s using Ardupilot, but what is the unit on the ground, a RF system? (the antenna doesnt look like it’s pointing up), but could it be satellite link? What company makes that one? As Starlink for weapons use has been limited by Elon Musk, I don’t think it’s a Starlink system either.
IMG_1895.jpeg

Last edited:
They use Elon Musk's Starlink system to navigate the drones
I am curious about his system components. Elon has also recently limited or stopped the use of Starlink for weapons use by both sides in the war, so I don’t think this system is using it.

Last edited:
Any 4G module will do it as long as there is internet connection all along the flight path. There are a few long rangers in YT performing 50+Km trips with fixed wings/VTOLS and a 4G dongle.

You can also preprogram the trip and as long as the drone has GPS, and it's not spoofed it will do what it's programmed for.

Or you can just climb the tallest obstacle around, set an antenna in unobstructed LOS of the drone flight path, and you can reach 10+Km with FCC power output easily. I'm quite sure I could send my M3 on a one way trip to 20Km without connection problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne