DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Customising the fly more case

Reactions
Hi there. I have just taken delivery of my mavic mini. The case is very nice but I have a prop strap and leg extenders on the drone and as such it does not quite fit in its case. I know I could take the extension legs (mainly front) off every time I store it but I was wondering if anyone has tried cutting away some of the padding. It just seems a shame not to have it all functioning nicely. Anyway today will be "first flight day" so I will probably be messaging again later haha.

Hi there. I have just taken delivery of my mavic mini. The case is very nice but I have a prop strap and leg extenders on the drone and as such it does not quite fit in its case. I know I could take the extension legs (mainly front) off every time I store it but I was wondering if anyone has tried cutting away some of the padding. It just seems a shame not to have it all functioning nicely. Anyway today will be "first flight day" so I will probably be messaging again later haha.
While I can't find the thread now, there's a thread that talks about altering the case to avoid damaging the rear propellers. The propellers can be deformed if they are not packed in the case properly. Some folks alter the case to remove material so that they don't have to worry about precise packing.

Propeller bending is a hotly debated topic.

Aha, here's the thread:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom