DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Customizing controls?

Crashentyre

Reactions
Looking to buy a drone in the near future and the Mavic Air is one of my top picks, but I need to know if I will be able to setup the controls to work best for me. Playing videogames, it is very natural to me to have the left stick control forward, backward, and strafe. The right stick control view (rotation and vertical camera angle). And the triggers control vertical height where applicable. Can the Mavic Air controller be configured like this? Thanks.

Looking to buy a drone in the near future and the Mavic Air is one of my top picks, but I need to know if I will be able to setup the controls to work best for me. Playing videogames, it is very natural to me to have the left stick control forward, backward, and strafe. The right stick control view (rotation and vertical camera angle). And the triggers control vertical height where applicable. Can the Mavic Air controller be configured like this? Thanks.

You can customize the sticks to control

Altitude up, Altitude down
Look right, look left (called yaw with flying things)
Strafe right, strafe left (we call it roll)
Move forward, move back (we call it pitch)

in any order or orientation you’d like. The triggers can’t be used for any of those things though. Altitude control is really important and you’d want more fine control over it.

Hope this helps!

There are three 'standard' modes that the sticks can be set to on the RC controller - and then there are ways to customise the stick movements away from that if you want something completely different. Default DJI settings are 'Mode 2' which puts up/down and yaw left / right on the left-hand stick, and forward / backward and roll left / right on the right-hand stick.

sticks.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jageist