DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cyberlink 365 and Mavic Pro h.265 editing

kendallqn

Reactions
If I'm asking this in the wrong place or am repeating information already gone over I apologize ahead of time. But I just built a new machine thinking it would take care of the problems and while a lot better it still isn't smooth. I currently use Adobe Premiere Pro as I already had creative cloud. But am wondering if there is another alternative.

New Machine is:
I9 9900K
MSI z390 Gaming Plus MB
16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3200 ram
MSI geforce rtx 2060 with 6GBddr5
32GB Intel Optane M.2 Memory
1TB Samsung 970 M.2 SSD
4TB Western Digital Black HD

I thought that would handle it. But I must have underestimated. I know there are a lot of smart People on here that can probably help me out with some suggestions on either what i have wrong or some software that will do real time edits without proxies.

If I'm asking this in the wrong place or am repeating information already gone over I apologize ahead of time. But I just built a new machine thinking it would take care of the problems and while a lot better it still isn't smooth. I currently use Adobe Premiere Pro as I already had creative cloud. But am wondering if there is another alternative.

New Machine is:
I9 9900K
MSI z390 Gaming Plus MB
16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3200 ram
MSI geforce rtx 2060 with 6GBddr5
32GB Intel Optane M.2 Memory
1TB Samsung 970 M.2 SSD
4TB Western Digital Black HD

I thought that would handle it. But I must have underestimated. I know there are a lot of smart People on here that can probably help me out with some suggestions on either what i have wrong or some software that will do real time edits without proxies.

Do you have your playback engine set to CUDA? #1 on this list ignore the others.

Reactions: kendallqn
Yes I have it set to cuda. That link helped though a bit more. I set the cache to the SSD now and it got better. It’s now smooth when playing with a the play button. It still hangs and jumps when I try to slide the playback forward or back to find trim points etc. Am I just being picky at this point? While it would be nice if that was also smooth I can live with it now. Does it take a titan and a 28 core Xeon to get to that point? Cause that’s out of my price range atm. Well out of my wife’s price range anyway. Between the new Mavic 2 and the computer. I’m going to have to find a piece of jewelry for her before I spend any more on my toys.

Thank You for the help

Last edited:
Yes I have it set to cuda. That link helped though a bit more. I set the cache to the SSD now and it got better. It’s now smooth when playing with a the play button. It still hangs and jumps when I try to slide the playback forward or back to find trim points etc. Am I just being picky at this point? While it would be nice if that was also smooth I can live with it now. Does it take a titan and a 28 core Xeon to get to that point? Cause that’s out of my price range atm. Well out of my wife’s price range anyway. Between the new Mavic 2 and the computer. I’m going to have to find a piece of jewelry for her before I spend any more on my toys.

Thank You for the help

The truth is I don’t really know. I’ve never used a computer that do that in real time. That would mean it could instantly render the whole sequence.

I know with Premier Pro the playback settings are more complicated then other programs so there still may be some things you can do to get closer.

Reactions: kendallqn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan