DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cyclist is taken out by Phantom after it clips a tree

Hope he had good insurance and if he didn't follow local ordinances and the FAA reg's now that its public God help him and hopefully no new rules are made because of this. Yes we do have rules and yes we need to follow them and fly safe when in the publics eye. Irresponsible flying is what gets the public excited in the wrong way and gets our hobby regulated further. Enough said. Hope this is a helpful example, thanks for posting. And please no nanny comments because some should respect this.

Reactions: geigy
In the video you can see the battery come out right away and what looks like the Camera and gimbal tumbling down the road. Right when you think the rider is in the clear he goes down hard. Shame this kind of thing happens. It brings the heat down on everyone. Had he been following basic rules this would not have happened.

Reactions: geigy
I watched that over and over and I can't work out what actually took the rider out? He annihilated the drone on impact then a good 5 seconds or more later tumbled, like his front wheel locked up. Couldn't see anything in the wheel as it went over nor anything falling away from it.

Almost like he slammed the front brakes on?

Edit: looks like it may have been the rest of the drone in his front wheel - the dilemma of trying to watch these videos on your phone!

I watched that over and over and I can't work out what actually took the rider out? He annihilated the drone on impact then a good 5 seconds or more later tumbled, like his front wheel locked up. Couldn't see anything in the wheel as it went over nor anything falling away from it.

Almost like he slammed the front brakes on?

Edit: looks like it may have been the rest of the drone in his front wheel - the dilemma of trying to watch these videos on your phone!
I triple tapped my iPhone while watching and from what I can make out Looks like the drone is stuck in the front wheel as he goes over. OUCH!!!!

Reactions: SeaComms
Just got back to my desk and rewatched it - wow.... battery and gimble fly off on impact and drone gets stuck on the forks. A few seconds later it moves into the front wheel as the bike has only the 5 (or whatever) carbon fibre spokes and locks the front wheel up completely.

Here for those without a larger screen, is what appears to be a DJI Phantom firmly lodged in the wheel and cyclist in the middle of a very acrobatic maneuver.
Phantom%20in%20wheel_zpsh8m55wvc.jpg

Wow! This is exactly the kind of headlines we don't need. I do hope the cyclist is ok.

Wow! This is exactly the kind of headlines we don't need. I do hope the cyclist is ok.

He told me scrapes and bruises, nothing broken, except his bike.... ripped out half the spokes in the front wheel and possible fork damage...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov