DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

D-Cinelike Exposure Help

Catic

Reactions
Hello i got my dji mavic air for like 2 months now.I shoot on 1080p 60fps and Cinelike D with contrast and saturation set at -2 but i dont know do i need to over or unter exp. for D-cinelike picture profile ?I know on sony cameras for slog you need to overexp. for like 2 stops but for D-cinelike i dont know.

tnx

Hello i got my dji mavic air for like 2 months now.I shoot on 1080p 60fps and Cinelike D with contrast and saturation set at -2 but i dont know do i need to over or unter exp. for D-cinelike picture profile ?I know on sony cameras for slog you need to overexp. for like 2 stops but for D-cinelike i dont know.

tnx
Nope, I don’t ‘like’ know.

Sorry, I’m old school and couldn’t resist it!

tnx
You’ll want to under expose a little. You can recover the shadows with lift, but there is no way to recover blown out highlights. Unlike slog, D-cinelike is NOT a log format. Slog is way way flatter.

Best Mavic Air style settings:
0,-3,-2
(Assuming you will be color correcting on your pc/mac of course)

If you use LUTs, you’ll see a fair number of them are designed for those settings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark