DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

D-log vs other profiles

Ben_McPhee

Reactions
Hey guys. :)

Basically, just wondering if:

1. Mavic vs Phantom vs Phantom 4 Pro D-log is the "same" in terms of its characteristics, and can be treated as such?

2. Can I record in D-log but apply a Rec.709 LUT to the mavic feed so I can visualise the end result better? (Same question for Phantom, which I currently have, and Phantom 4 Pro, which I am also considering).

3. If 500ISO is the base ISO for all versions of D-log, or just on the Phantom 4 Pro?

4. How you'd typically expose D-Log?

The attachment below, which I grabbed from DJI's response on another forum, confused me. It seems to suggest that for a good D-log exposure with no clipping, say I would normally shoot a scene with an ND16, I will probably need to shoot it at ND64? (under expose it 2 stops). But does that take into account that I am shooting it at 500ISO? That's gonna require a lot of ND.

Dji = dlog.png

5. Finally, is D-log the way to go? I'm happy to grade the footage. I just want a clean, versatile file with the best dynamic range and least noise possible? From what I can tell, yes. But some say Art, and some say D-cinelike. (My personal taste based on what I've seen on youtube says D-log)

Cheers. :)

Reactions: bcthomp
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aeronkat