DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Dam and waterfall

Dharris6891

Reactions
I flew this dam and waterfall close to where I live with my MM. Editing and adding music is still foreign to me at the moment, I'm still looking for a basic editor/creator that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I tossed this together using windows movie maker. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks.

I flew this dam and waterfall close to where I live with my MM. Editing and adding music is still foreign to me at the moment, I'm still looking for a basic editor/creator that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I tossed this together using windows movie maker. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks.

What device are you using ? I use a iPad mini 5...plenty of options available...for little or no cost

I use a Galaxy S20 FE to fly and i have a windows 10 PC with decent specs. it'll run about any software for editing on it.

Not bad, I have never used Windows movie maker so don’t know how good it is.
You could try DaVinci Resolve download HERE or Kdenlive, download HERE they are free.
Constructive criticism, practice smooth slow turns & don’t have to much of the same sort of view.

Reactions: Micky52
Not bad, I have never used Windows movie maker so don’t know how good it is.
You could try DaVinci Resolve download HERE or Kdenlive, download HERE they are free.
Constructive criticism, practice smooth slow turns & don’t have to much of the same sort of view.
Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely work on that. and I'll check these out this evening when I get home. Thank you.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Good effort. Movie Maker is pretty basic, but it works. I haven't used it in many years, but I doubt it's changed much.

One editing technique that many use are short clips stitched together. There were a number of times where the colours were totally blown out (overexposed) and those parts should be edited out. Keep it short when you don't have a variety of scenes.

Good effort. Movie Maker is pretty basic, but it works. I haven't used it in many years, but I doubt it's changed much.

One editing technique that many use are short clips stitched together. There were a number of times where the colours were totally blown out (overexposed) and those parts should be edited out. Keep it short when you don't have a variety of scenes.
It's the first video I've "put together" and it shows, I know that for sure. I think I definitely need to invest in some filters to prevent the overexposure and a better editing suite. Thank you for your input, I appreciate it.

Reactions: Barbara
It's the first video I've "put together" and it shows, I know that for sure. I think I definitely need to invest in some filters to prevent the overexposure and a better editing suite. Thank you for your input, I appreciate it.
you can adjust the overexposure right on your drone app using the EV value in the lower right corner

This footage has the beginnings of a good film. Needs smooth turns, variety of images (instead of related images), needs color correction for sure, and needs music for sure. Nice scenery. You need to edit out the "decision making" times- e.g.: where you wonder, "where am I going to fly next"moments.

Can we legally fly over dams in the USA? I thought I read they are considered infastructure.

This footage has the beginnings of a good film. Needs smooth turns, variety of images (instead of related images), needs color correction for sure, and needs music for sure. Nice scenery. You need to edit out the "decision making" times- e.g.: where you wonder, "where am I going to fly next"moments.
Thank you for the input, I will remember these next time I get to fly.
Can we legally fly over dams in the USA? I thought I read they are considered infastructure.
I grew up just down the road from here. I'm not sure if this would fall into a real category of a real dam, per se. It doesn't create a large reservoir behind it. It was originally constructed to divert water for irrigation. It doesn't produce electricity or protect any downstream structures. It's more of a spillway then a true dam. That being said, there is a pathway over the top and down to the area of the waterfall. This isn't gated, locked, or even posted. I have been there countless times in the last 23 years and have never had law enforcement say a thing in regards to it being protected or restricted in any way. I understand what you're saying, and I've also wondered the same thing. When it comes to where and how I fly, I make sure to follow all rules, regs, and laws. I do actually have another individual helping me observe when I fly to keep VLOS. I tend to be a very "by the book" person.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123