DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Damaged front left landing gear

ebaldestein

Reactions
Hey all,
Sadly I have recently crashed my one month old Mavic 2 Pro :(
I crashed sideways against a gutter, the front arm had folder but amazingly the Mavic 2 maintained control and was able to land safely.
Since the front arm had folded, the propeller of the rear arm damaged the front left leg. Attached is a picture. Seems like damage was plastic missing and the LED cover, but I have already flown several times after the incident and everything works perfectly. I have heard the antennas are located in this landing gear and am therefore worried. Is it possible to just buy a replacement landing gear, as I saw there are some screws attached, or do I need to replace the whole leg.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34
@ebaldestein yes it is possible to remove the antenna holder from the end of the arm and replace it,you have to be careful not to damage the antenna and also there is a small screw that holds the led light to the arm as well ,that needs to be removed the other way is to remove and replace the complete arm ,but that involves opening up the drone and some good soldering skills as well

Reactions: ebaldestein
As long as the antenna is undamaged you can buy leg replacements for a few dollars on ebay. Mine took about a week to come from China.

As above though, just remember the little screw by the light. You may need to file/dremel a bit to get the antenna back in.

But its a 5 min swap process.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31