DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dangerous Drone Flying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because when I see these sort of videos, I send the poster a message explaining to them how dangerous what they are doing is. And, I bet others on this forum might want to do the same thing. If people get flamed on YT for doing this, then perhaps they will stop doing it. I truly believe that a lot of these vloggers don't even realize how dangerous what they're doing is. Casey Neistat is a perfect example. Seems like everyone is trying to be him now.

And just how much credence do you really thing someone who obviously doesnt care for the rules is going to give a bunch of people who give negative feedback? All this gives them is "views." The rest falls on deaf ears.

And it isnt that they dont realize the danger - they just dont care.

Yup... don't post their stuff if you actually care. If you do they win and will continue, and that will encourage others to do the same.

Reactions: grizzard
When they stop getting views, maybe they will take a hint, but the more these are shared, the more they will continue on the existing path.

Calling someone out on a youtube video is about as useful as a screendoor on a submarine.

Reactions: Kilrah
Most of these reckless types will probably blame the equipment, in the event they cause any damage.

Reactions: grizzard
They all want to be as cool as Casey Neistat. If it goes well you gonna have a cool video. If it goes wrong you gonna have a cool video. They don't give a ****. But hey, some people crash cars, some ain't...

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

But if it goes wrong you get 10 times more views, and that's the problem...

Guy uses drone to pickup a hotdog at a busy hardware store. Posts it on youtube. Gets fined $300 and sells rights to footage for $500.

Reactions: Q Jones
My gut feeling is due to all the new flyers and their insistence on flouting guidelines it can only be time before there's a blanket ban in any public space if not more!!

Seeing idiots blatantly disregarding the rules to capture a shot is really sad, only recently i saw someone flying around Westminster in London and filming Parliament.

Do they not understand this could be construed as a threat and cause a huge security scare.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Guy flying a RC at night in the large park we use for drone practice, I live close so I went over to tell him that the park closes at sundown, and he is being irresponsibly stupid (not those words) flying at night over a populated area. The city allows us to fly in the park during the day when there is no organized sports activity going on, and I don't want that perk to go away because of someone who can't read the posted park rules or just feels entitled to do whatever he wants. While I was talking to him a Park Ranger showed up (I knew him) and wrote him a citation. Not sure what the fine is but I assured the Ranger this guy was NOT a member of our flying group. Hope he learned something.

Passenger & freight airplanes/helicopters fly over heavily populated areas 24/7 365... Just saying, for perspective. And yes, I would be furious and other unspeakable characteristics if an airplane/helicopter/drone hurt my family. But I view them as about the same necessary risk for modern life to be...well modern. But again, I'll refrain from what elaborating on what I mean by "unspeakable".

We all take risks the second we start our cars or get out of bed.

Passenger & freight airplanes/helicopters fly over heavily populated areas 24/7 365... Just saying, for perspective. And yes, I would be furious and other unspeakable characteristics if an airplane/helicopter/drone hurt my family. But I view them as about the same necessary risk for modern life to be...well modern. But again, I'll refrain from what elaborating on what I mean by "unspeakable".

We all take risks the second we start our cars or get out of bed.
The main difference being those aircraft are required by law to maintain an acceptable level of maintenance, and are inspected and certified 'safe' but still on occasion crash. Some yahoo who doesn't care enough to obey safe flight restrictions isn't going to either know proper emergency recovery procedures or maintain his A/C in a proper state of care. Normally you don't have too many stupid pilots operating FAA certified aircraft, not so much with RC aircraft.

After years of flying commercially - if I see anything on PooTube that's dangerous/illegal flying now I just report it to the relevant authority with a link to the video.
Same with individuals or companies purporting to hold commercial qualifications.

I've totally had enough now of trying to educate people into the dangers and/laws of RPAS use and getting abuse back or told I should mind my own business or they are not going to take any notice of the laws - Just report with as much information as you can and move on.
You will find that the people that make and post up these illegal flights are usually not the sharpest tools in the box and will have their licence/registration number of their vehicle in shot as well as their ugly mug or a Google map of their flying location etc - just pass it all on.

Reactions: Caser41
Hi Ed, do you have links to relevant people to report these idiots?

Reactions: Mike_in_Letcombe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123