DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dangerous Drone Flying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not supposed to use swear words on this forum or imply them either? Naughty Boy on his Soap Box.

So your stance (and these other ding dongs) is that the FAA has recommends safe flying practices, and you abide by them 100% of the time. Right? Well let's do this, you do what you want, and follow the rules exactly, and let every other free American do as they want. It's their choice, not yours.

They are not going to ban drones. Most of your fears are unfounded and much like the FAA there is little proof of drones causing deaths or damaging of property.

I think I speak for everyone when I say, we heard your opinions, and your trolling of posts looking for a place to speak your opinion, is getting old.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

What an absolute idiot you sound. 'It's my right to behave irresponsibly, to hell with what the rules are, I'm a free agent!' Absolutely disgraceful attitude but you keep breaking the rules and ignoring common sense. I'm sure those who want to ban our pastime will understand your 'rights' have much greater importance than public safety - even if it's only implied.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: UAV Man
I hope i don't come off as an elitist but I've been flying coax RC helis for about 15 years, flying DJI for about 3 since the Phantom 2 , IMHO it seems the lower the cost of entry and the greater the ease of use the more of this stuff I've started to see, not to say it didn't happen before but seems like the flood gates really opened up with the P3 Advanced and standard :( its great to see so many folks getting into the hobby/business but as with everything safety first. to me the lower cost and ease of use is a bittersweet thing in the overall context. in the past those who weren't respectful of their aircraft didn't have them for long and crashed before they could really do much damage....
I have to agree, I've been flying an Inspire 1 for two years and spent a lot of money as an investment. Over on the 'InspirePilots' forum the pilots are completely different, more educated and less 'gung-ho' about getting into the air without checks and making sure its safe.

Hi Patrick, the goal is to try and understand who our fellow hobbyists are. It's very frustrating reading some of the comments but without an open debate it's hard to understand how the drone future will progress. Are we seeing more educated people? Or less?

Your input is very welcome.

On the poor toddler in the story I totally agree and posted it previously to try and combat the very argument stressed by some of drones being safe. I myself have injured myself and had stitches a couple of time thanks to a little indoor droning.

A simple search on YouTube or Google will result in Hundreds of injuries from drones so its not really a sensible argument for people to use but I guess its used to gloss over the fact some refuse to accept that anyone flying in the sky's around us has a responsibility and duty to be safe.

The kid is unfortunate... but the truth is more kids lose an eye because of BB guns, wayward tree limbs etc than a propeller flying off after a wreck.

Again we take one incident and use that as the poster child for our opinions.

Flying drones is not dangerous unless people are being stupid.

The kid is unfortunate... but the truth is more kids lose an eye because of BB guns, wayward tree limbs etc than a propeller flying off after a wreck.

Again we take one incident and use that as the poster child for our opinions.

Flying drones is not dangerous unless people are being stupid.

I agree, Flying drones is not dangerous unless people are being stupid or careless. the hard part is that there are many different definitions of stupid or careless. is flying BVLOS stupid or careless? over people ? over 400 ft? near airports? I wanted to point out a documented instance, not conjecture, where people have been hurt by careless operators, maybe it will make someone at least think twice about what they are doing. its like watching that horrible "blood on the asphalt" movie in drivers ed...

I agree, Flying drones is not dangerous unless people are being stupid or careless. the hard part is that there are many different definitions of stupid or careless. is flying BVLOS stupid or careless? over people ? over 400 ft? near airports? I wanted to point out a documented instance, not conjecture, where people have been hurt by careless operators, maybe it will make someone at least think twice about what they are doing. its like watching that horrible "blood on the asphalt" movie in drivers ed...

remember the one where the aviation student was flying BVLOS and almost hit a police helicopter, he said it lost signal and he had the RTH set to way too high.

honestly i thought the excuse was BS.... but i might be wrong.

\Drone operator wants to apologize to CHP pilot for near miss in Martinez

I like to Slam My MeAt on the table because I'm the biggest Prick around. "City drone operator's"

Native New Yorker, so I brag different & my swag is different:cool:
I fly over Nyc:p
Which is against the rules:mad:
BUT I'm familiar with the characteristics of my drone. Doesnt make it right but know SomeThing. Practice flights should be conducted in a park not over people:(
99.9% of crashes occur from pilot error so practice pilots, these things just dont fall out the sky:oops:
I'm not gone play the drone police but get some experience before flying over Congested areas;)
Practice, practice, practice and learn your drone, flying an i1 with a 90% charged battery means your about crash:eek:
The Mavic ain't been out 2 months, so how much could people have learned before flying?:rolleyes::oops::eek:

Your right..... FAA will handle it....

Don't hold your breath. The FAA has much bigger fish to fry. You really have to do something irresponsible to gain the interest of the FAA. That's actually the way it should be.. fly over a prison.. yep! Fly over a stadium... yep! Fly over the Macy's parade... yep! Fly out farther than you can see it.. nope. Fly over a street.. nope. It comes down to resources. They are busy talking to pilots who are drinking prior to flying aircraft containing passengers.. you know things where lives are truly placed in danger by irresponsible reckless pilots.

Reactions: Richard-mavic
I have to agree, I've been flying an Inspire 1 for two years and spent a lot of money as an investment. Over on the 'InspirePilots' forum the pilots are completely different, more educated and less 'gung-ho' about getting into the air without checks and making sure its safe.

An Inspire is a much larger aircraft. There are things I will do with my Mavic that I would never do with our Inspire.

Pretty awesome huh!

I expect the Middle East, Canada, the U.K. ETC. Can easily Ban drones. They often make edicts the public has to follow.

Well that was just funny. Man things get tense in here pretty quick.

The Dji Geo looks interesting. A more live, more regularly updated geo fencing system, which is unlockable for pros. Could be the beginning of easier self-regulation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope i don't come off as an elitist .

Oh boy.. this is going to go poorly...

I hope i don't come off as an elitist but I've been flying coax RC helis for about 15 years, flying DJI for about 3 since the Phantom 2 , IMHO it seems the lower the cost of entry and the greater the ease of use the more of this stuff I've started to see...... repectful of their aircraft didn't have them for long and crashed before they could really do much damage....

Ok so you apologized ahead of being elitist... good job. Lol, man I love this board.

it's quite clever. They aren't really 'banning' most areas, because I would imagine everything except for the 'not authorised' red ones are probably easy to unlock. But of course in order to do that, they have your name, address and credit card on record, so that any breaches are easy to identify.

I've said it before, the technology is there for this hobby to self regulate. It just requires the will to do so, and that will come from the public mood and the authorities. Since my first homebuilt F450, it's already much more locked down compared to where it was (and also my mavic is far less likely to fall out of the sky or shoot off at 40mph in a dangerous direction).

The risks of incident are increased compared with a few years ago because there are now more idiots, but also the tools are more sophisticated, so I think they will soon balance out.

The Dji Geo looks interesting. A more live, more regularly updated geo fencing system, which is unlockable for pros. Could be the beginning of easier self-regulation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would DJI do that? They installed a system that meets the minimum requirements and has some strict no areas like airports. Secondarily, How in the world would DJI (Chinese Company) have access to FAA pilot files. That's a bigger threat than the drone. No US based security agency wants to work with or share information with a Chinese company.

it's quite clever. They aren't really 'banning' most areas, because I would imagine everything except for the 'not authorised' red ones are probably easy to unlock. But of course in order to do that, they have your name, address and credit card on record, so that any breaches are easy to identify.

I've said it before, the technology is there for this hobby to self regulate. It just requires the will to do so, and that will come from the public mood and the authorities. Since my first homebuilt F450, it's already much more locked down compared to where it was (and also my mavic is far less likely to fall out of the sky or shoot off at 40mph in a dangerous direction).

The risks of incident are increased compared with a few years ago because there are now more idiots, but also the tools are more sophisticated, so I think they will soon balance out.
I just hope the regulatory people speak with us first rather than implement unrealistic rules that will drive pilots underground and away from this technology. In Sweden it's pretty much becoming a game with enforcers now according to my friends there.

Have my fingers securely crossed we are given the chance to 'self regulate' with the support of main manufacturers.

Why would DJI do that? They installed a system that meets the minimum requirements and has some strict no areas like airports. Secondarily, How in the world would DJI (Chinese Company) have access to FAA pilot files. That's a bigger threat than the drone. No US based security agency wants to work with or share information with a Chinese company.

why would they do what?

Commercially DJI has to be seen to be trying to prevent the idiots, the alternative is they go bust when the market disappears after laws are passed.

why would they do what?

Why would they do anything more than they already have done. They are ahead of most companies.. why would they risk market share. Making them more restrictive doesn't make them more popular.

exactly. it's obvious, and also effective.

By default, the app is set to not allow flying in those zones, which is sensible. Not all pilots who fly in the wrong places are maniacs, some are just uninformed. This will prevent a lot of illegal flying.

And if someone has a legitimate reason to fly somewhere that is prohibited by default, they can apply for consideration to be allowed. DJI is a multination company - using arguments about them being Chinese with thinly veiled insinuations about national security is daft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13