DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dangerous Drone Flying

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are agreeing on the end goal but not on the how!

You guys only think in US but forget that is not the only country on which these are being sold or just a simple fact that you being an US citizen can't hop on an plane an be half way across the globe in hours! Do you really think that accidents and bad media in other countries doesn't affect you or your government actions?
exactly. (I'm from UK by the way, where I believe the regulations are actually 'laws')

Wow guys, some of you amaze me.
Who do you think follows laws? Law abiding or "others"?

I'm going to go fly my nuclear warhead.

More laws, what a great idea! That'll fix everything.
Foolish thought.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Foolish thought.

Let's put it in a simpler way! Do you think you will be able to fly your nuclear warhead (DJI made) if the GEO system doesn't let you?

exactly. (I'm from UK by the way, where I believe the regulations are actually 'laws')

Well easier to understand then! What good does the hobby does the laws or GOVERNENT regulations made in UK?

When I said regulation I intentionally omit their word government

.... I interject.... I love this thread... HEHE... carry on Thumbswayup

Foolish thought.

Classic response from someone with a point to make but hasn't actually read or understood the discussion. We're not talking about new laws. We're talking about finding ways of enforcing current guidelines, softly, in order to prevent further laws.

Classic response from someone with a point to make but hasn't actually read or understood the discussion. We're not talking about new laws. We're talking about finding ways of enforcing current guidelines, softly, in order to prevent further laws.

Exactly! The only way we can avoid those who doesn't understand/care/love/practice the hobbies to pull out of their hats senseless and hobbiekiller laws is by making this self regulated

Listen here in the USA we have never been for creating laws to make people follow rules.

It's ruining this country. Making laws to enforce laws, is ridiculous, as is a company like DJI forcing everyone using their products to follow the rules.

Imagine if your car only went 55?

:rolleyes:

Listen here in the USA we have never been for creating laws to make people follow rules.

It's ruining this country. Making laws to enforce laws, is ridiculous, as is a company like DJI forcing everyone using their products to follow the rules.

Imagine if your car only went 55?

Well sorry to break it for you but, GEO fencing is optional for the time being but DJI is making it mandatory anytime now!

Who said anything about making laws to enforce rules? Maybe you should read before you post!

Edit to not make the answer harder to read:

About the car only going 55 what's does that have to do with anything?

GEO is for some crazy people to not fly their drones where their are not allowed to! Exactly as if you try to drive your car inside the controlled zones of an airport or park it in the front door of the White House!

Last edited:
There is some good, measured, discussion in this thread, on both sides of the argument, and it is really constructive. That's how rules get decided - with intelligent debate presented from both viewpoints of a problem. Great.

Unfortunately threads like these also invite knee-jerk responses from people whose only interest is angrily ramming home their point (whatever that may be), even if it bears no relation to the discussion. The reason we're on page 12 of this thread, and it's not been shut down, is because on the whole it has manage to avoid descending into name calling and point scoring. Can we try and keep it that way pls?

Reactions: Slim.slamma
There is some good, measured, discussion in this thread, on both sides of the argument, and it is really constructive. That's how rules get decided - with intelligent debate presented from both viewpoints of a problem. Great.

Unfortunately threads like these also invite knee-jerk responses from people whose only interest is angrily ramming home their point (whatever that may be), even if it bears no relation to the discussion. The reason we're on page 12 of this thread, and it's not been shut down, is because on the whole it has manage to avoid descending into name calling and point scoring. Can we try and keep it that way pls?
Mines bigger than yours !! :p

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Well sorry to break it for you but, GEO fencing is optional for the time being but DJI is making it mandatory anytime now!

Who said anything about making laws to enforce rules? Maybe you should read before you post!

Edit to not make the answer harder to read:

About the car only going 55 what's does that have to do with anything?

GEO is for some crazy people to not fly their drones where their are not allowed to! Exactly as if you try to drive your car inside the controlled zones of an airport or park it in the front door of the White House!

And you know this how? I'd like to see your proof.

The smart people know that the geo fencing option was to users more freedom and more responsibility.

I suspect you don't know and are speculating. You're for making laws to force people to follow rules? Stupid

And you know this how? I'd like to see your proof.

The smart people know that the geo fencing option was to users more freedom and more responsibility.

I suspect you don't know and are speculating. You're for making laws to force people to follow rules? Stupid

Well I would love to show you how to investigate things before opening your mouth calling people liar but then again I don't have to prove anything to you! And less now that you have demonstrated that you haven't read a single word of what I've said!

I'm actually against laws you could simply know this by reading the last the pages on here! But it's easier for you to call people lairs and stupid that to actually maintain an adult conversation!

See people like you with that attitude is what's wrong and what's giving everyone of us that loves this hobby and been practicing since pre-drones times a bad image thinking that your freedom allows you to do and act in any way you want! And I'm sorry for you but it doesn't work that way..

You don't bring any information to this debate nor state a point or even say your opinion just enter here and ram against people you wrongly think have a different opinion (you can read back I'm not researching for you)

Edited to make reference of this other post:
Unfortunately this debate is a road to nowhere. No one is following that matters, and I doubt law makers and companies are waiting for you to post to make a decision.

Is a road to understanding what is happening with this hobby all around the world and what the people that really matters (the users and the ones who actually buy from DJI) thinks.

If you really think that nobody here really matters then what are you doing reading and posting here?? Huh? Funny how your own words can come back and bite you in the behinds!!

Have a happy live and let go that anger that consumes you! It isn't healthy!! [emoji6] I'm not going to waste more than 1 message on you so rant all you want and don't let the door slam you on your way out

Bye..

Last edited:
Reactions: TheLightSpeed!
Oh boy.. this is going to go poorly...

Ok so you apologized ahead of being elitist... good job. Lol, man I love this board.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

There's a difference between a buffering statement and an apology. it was the former not the latter ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000