DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dark screen with active histogram

scoobie77

Reactions
Before take-off yesterday my controller screen would not show a picture. The histogram indicated a fully lit scene and modifications to the aperture, iso, etc. affected the histogram, but not the blackness of the screen. I tried going in and out of other modes and screens to see if I could find something wrong and suddenly the screen came up normal. The same thing happened this morning, but rectified itself in a few seconds. Can anybody suggest what is going on?

Before take-off yesterday my controller screen would not show a picture. The histogram indicated a fully lit scene and modifications to the aperture, iso, etc. affected the histogram, but not the blackness of the screen. I tried going in and out of other modes and screens to see if I could find something wrong and suddenly the screen came up normal. The same thing happened this morning, but rectified itself in a few seconds. Can anybody suggest what is going on?
Not 100% sure but it could be the phone

Not 100% sure but it could be the phone
it's wierd. I though first it must be the transmission signal, but how would I see the histogram, and why would the histogram change when I made modifications, as if the app could see it just fine?

You said screen of controller. Are you using a smart controller? Or phone? If a SC the grey screen is a common issue. Always turn on the controller first then the drone. Seems to alleviate this issue. Usually if I get the grey screen I just reboot the SC with drone on.

If you are using the standard controller and phone not sure what would cause that besides a cable issue or not enough free memory on the phone. Go4 takes a lot of ram.

Paul

it's wierd. I though first it must be the transmission signal, but how would I see the histogram, and why would the histogram change when I made modifications, as if the app could see it just fine?
I believe the video feed and other data (telemetry) are different feeds The controller sends both but your device might not always display both synced. I could be wrong, but this is the impression I've had.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc