DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Darn Seagulls!

Reactions
I often visit the UK coast and always take the Mavic with me to try and get some great landscape footage etc.
The one thing which happens time and time again is the within moments seagulls congregate and start dive-bombing the drone and I have to bring it in and land it before a collision happens.

It’s only animal instinct to warn off a potential threat but darn things are a menace lol

Anyone else have this?

I don't believe birds would actually attack the air craft. Never heard of any account of that happening. Its an instinctive reaction by some birds to a strange flying object within what birds consider their space or territory.

I had a similar experience with pigeons in the not too distant past. A dozen or so pigeons broke away from the main flock and flew perilously close to the drone prompting an immediate landing which was my instinctive reaction to what was a completely unexpected development. Close Call

I still fly my drone in the same area some times but always use prop guards now. They at least ensure some measure of protection in the event of an unintended collision. Apart from that there is very little one can do.

I don't believe birds would actually attack the air craft. Never heard of any account of that happening. Its an instinctive reaction by some birds to a strange flying object within what birds consider their space or territory.

I had a similar experience with pigeons in the not too distant past. A dozen or so pigeons broke away from the main flock and flew perilously close to the drone prompting an immediate landing which was my instinctive reaction to what was a completely unexpected development. Close Call

I still fly my drone in the same area some times but always use prop guards now. They at least ensure some measure of protection in the event of an unintended collision. Apart from that there is very little one can do.
Trust me---Birds will attack drones

Some interesting youtube videos of drones and animals. Worth watching.

Check out the tiger video, lipo going up at 0:35 !
I hope they got a fine for that. If that was you or I it would have been 15 years in jail for disturbing wild life and endangerous animals with battery fires. Oh.... That sure was one fat tiger!

Had to google her, and yes it's who I'd recalled seeing in news reports etc occasionally.
Beside the photos, a lot of articles came up about her strong and sometimes robust opinions.
Ah well, live and let live. Robustly or otherwise :)

Had to google her, and yes it's who I'd recalled seeing in news reports etc occasionally.
Beside the photos, a lot of articles came up about her strong and sometimes robust your not opinions.
Ah well, live and let live. Robustly or otherwise :)
Lol. Sorry... Thought you were from the states. We all know her from bashing Trump and Trump owned her bad later on. The internet made her meme famous with super size jokes.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada