DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DAT file in brand new mavic?

kl25

Reactions
Hi all,

I just purchased a mavic and am new here so please bare with me.

I purchased my mavic off of someone and it was sold to me as brand new. I did my best in terms of due diligence. Although they were not able to provide the receipt, they were able to send me a copy of the bank statement which shows the purchase from best buy. In addition, when I added the drone to my GO app, it did ask me to name the drone which if I am not mistaken, another sign that the drone is new and haven't been used.

So today was my first time connecting the drone and RC to my computer just to check that the firmware is up to date. WHen I was in DJI assistant, i noticed there's a DAT file from Apr 15 but my first flight was May 21.

Does that mean the drone has been flown? If so, how can I check the flight that was on Apr 15? I tried opening it with the DAT viewer in DJI assistant, but nothing came up.

Thanks all for any help.

Hi all,

I just purchased a mavic and am new here so please bare with me.

I purchased my mavic off of someone and it was sold to me as brand new. I did my best in terms of due diligence. Although they were not able to provide the receipt, they were able to send me a copy of the bank statement which shows the purchase from best buy. In addition, when I added the drone to my GO app, it did ask me to name the drone which if I am not mistaken, another sign that the drone is new and haven't been used.

So today was my first time connecting the drone and RC to my computer just to check that the firmware is up to date. WHen I was in DJI assistant, i noticed there's a DAT file from Apr 15 but my first flight was May 21.

Does that mean the drone has been flown? If so, how can I check the flight that was on Apr 15? I tried opening it with the DAT viewer in DJI assistant, but nothing came up.

Thanks all for any help.

DJI test the craft at the factory and you may have between 1-5 logs from that.

The craft creates a log every time it's turned on and not just flown.

Reactions: kl25

Problem is, based on transaction date the craft was purchased on Mar 24, but the date on the DAT file is Apr 15.

Do you know how else I can view the data from this DAT file? Nothing really shows up when I open it in the flight viewer.

Thanks!

Yes you can open it with CsvView.

See the link in my signature for more info on getting the DAT file and saving it.

Rob

Reactions: kl25
Yes you can open it with CsvView.

See the link in my signature for more info on getting the DAT file and saving it.

Rob
I actually used the tool developed here for checking the manufacture date of your drone. Mine was Apr 10, so i think it's reasonable to say that the Apr 15 DAT file is from the factory test. However, now it leaves me questioning how the drone was purchased on mar 24 from bestbuy, but the drone wasn't manufactured till apr 10...

possible that it was a delayed shipment since it was out of stock at a lot of retailers in Toronto, Canada..and this guy ordered 4 of them for a work project...

anyway, thank you so much for all your help, glad i joined this forum!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrDew