DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dat. file is all gibberish

Wacky roger

Reactions
Would someone please tell me what program to use to see and read the log files dat. I have tried using wordpad++ and it is all giberish. Thank you in advance for your ideas.

The craft stored .DAT log is encrypted & can't be decoded by anyone else than DJI staff ...

You have 2 other logs ... stored in the mobile device you flew with (...or SC). The .DAT there is also encrypted, but the .TXT log can be read with various methods ... but wordpad will never work.

Read more about logs ... how to retrieve & read them here --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide

The craft stored .DAT log is encrypted & can't be decoded by anyone else than DJI staff ...

You have 2 other logs ... stored in the mobile device you flew with (...or SC). The .DAT there is also encrypted, but the .TXT log can be read with various methods ... but wordpad will never work.

Read more about logs ... how to retrieve & read them here --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide
Thank You.

Reactions: slup
The members above are right-on about those logs on the drone itself. But if you click on the link about retrieving the flight log file on your phone or tablet, it will show you how to retrieve a wealth of information about your flight. I’ve become somewhat addicted to uploading them to a free-of-charge account on Airdata.com. I’ve gotten to where I felt that I would really benefit from one of their lower level paid plans and now I’m pretty seriously into tracking the health of all of my batteries, looking at signal levels and GPS strength during my flights. It’s become just part of my post-flight routine. And oh by the way, you’ll learn a few things about flying these things. What’s not to like?

Reactions: RMS001
The members above are right-on about those logs on the drone itself. But if you click on the link about retrieving the flight log file on your phone or tablet, it will show you how to retrieve a wealth of information about your flight. I’ve become somewhat addicted to uploading them to a free-of-charge account on Airdata.com. I’ve gotten to where I felt that I would really benefit from one of their lower level paid plans and now I’m pretty seriously into tracking the health of all of my batteries, looking at signal levels and GPS strength during my flights. It’s become just part of my post-flight routine. And oh by the way, you’ll learn a few things about flying these things. What’s not to like?
Thank you. I will look into air data.com

How did you connect to DJI Assistant I cannot.

I opened it up signed in to my account and that is all I did.
Well that is what I did signed in to the assistant as usual. Switched on the mavic on its own plugged the usb into the computer then plugged the C end into the mavic but no connection with the assistant . Normally with my maviczoom it just connected to the assistant. But with the 3 it does not connect. However if you have done it I must be doing something else wrong.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929