DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Data carriers compatible with the Tripltek tablet?

I like a physical SIM. Getting a new phone, or need to use another temporarily? Just swap SIMs, no need to call carrier.

Wish I had a spare phone a couple years ago when I had the battery replaced on my HTC 10.
Bought an S20 FE, now I can use the 10 as a spare.

To resurrect this thread, my Tripltek 8 Pro arrived yesterday and seems to be working great. I have an IPad with an ATT data plan that I planned to port over to the Tripltek, no SIM card in the iPad. I just got back from the ATT store and they set me up with a SIM card with the number from my IPad plan and the Tripltek even rings when I call the number (something that the iPad never did), so I believe so far so good.

The issue is that I am getting no data at all. I’ve tried re-booting, turning on data roaming, no joy. The rep at ATT thinks that the Tripltek may not be 4GLTE and may not work on their network but he’s not familiar with this brand and can’t be sure.

Could anyone who’s successfully gotten their Tripltek to work on the ATT data network let me know what settings you use? If I need to call ATT customer support, is there anything I should know when I talk to the rep?

Thanks to anyone who can help set me straight on this.

EDIT: On the Tripltek menu under Mobile Data, when I turn it on, it shows 3G. No 4G, no 4GLTE. Per the manual this should be 4GLTE compatible, right?

To resurrect this thread, my Tripltek 8 Pro arrived yesterday and seems to be working great. I have an IPad with an ATT data plan that I planned to port over to the Tripltek, no SIM card in the iPad. I just got back from the ATT store and they set me up with a SIM card with the number from my IPad plan and the Tripltek even rings when I call the number (something that the iPad never did), so I believe so far so good.

The issue is that I am getting no data at all. I’ve tried re-booting, turning on data roaming, no joy. The rep at ATT thinks that the Tripltek may not be 4GLTE and may not work on their network but he’s not familiar with this brand and can’t be sure.

Could anyone who’s successfully gotten their Tripltek to work on the ATT data network let me know what settings you use? If I need to call ATT customer support, is there anything I should know when I talk to the rep?

Thanks to anyone who can help set me straight on this.

EDIT: On the Tripltek menu under Mobile Data, when I turn it on, it shows 3G. No 4G, no 4GLTE. Per the manual this should be 4GLTE compatible, right?
Try the SIM card ATT gave you on one of your phones, to see if you have data. Most likely they give you the wrong SIM card

Rather than add a device to my current Verizon plan (IF Verizon would even take it) or another Provider, couldn’t I just connect the TriplTek to my iPhone Hitspot?

Rather than add a device to my current Verizon plan (IF Verizon would even take it) or another Provider, couldn’t I just connect the TriplTek to my iPhone Hitspot?

That will work just fine Czechvar.

I have taken the SIM card out of my Verizon phone ( Samsung Galaxy G7 ) put it in my my Tripltek Pro and it worked fine as a phone,

There's no need to add another device to a current plan.

Although it's a pain to swap the card, just letting you know that the SIM card worked fine.

But Hot Spotting from your current device would be much easier.

Have you tried a sim from the budget carriers like Cricket, Net10 and such. You don't have to tell them what phone just put the card in and off you go. You can go to websites and see what carriers use what and then confirm that the tablet is capable on which channels of 4G and such. :) I use a AT&T Phone on Cricket for instance which uses their towers for much cheaper than going with AT&T proper contract.

But as mentioned Hot Spotting is going to be much cheaper option than having two services. If you have a Phone with limited data, it's a no brainer unless they limit the Hot Spot (Which most do :p) But ways around that as well ;)
Check out Redpocket.com. They have good data only plans at good prices.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661