DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Davinci Resolve very choppy/laggy

I'll definitely have a look around. I'm never going to be a pro at this (of even a semi pro!). I'm simply looking to be able to do some fun edits for friends and family and the odd post. A simple user experience is important and Davinci, for whatever reason, isn't working out for me. But thanks Fmoots - you have been a star and even the questions you asked mean I know a lot more about video editing than before I started this thread!

No problem at all, here to help.

I’d probably recommend Adobe Premier over something like Powerdirect simply because it has very good colour grading tools build it, which in my opinion is what makes the Mavic files look a lot better than the straight of the camera files. There’s hundreds of hours of YouTube tutorials available for free these days too, especially for premiere, so video editing is a lot easier to pick up.

Anyway whatever editor you choose to go with, best of luck!

@Rivendell : I have just bought a gaming laptop with an nVidia 1060 and an Intel i7, but suffer from the same problem when speeding up clips in my timeline. Were you able to solve the issue or have moved on to other software?
Please let know as it would be a ton of effort saved for me :)

Hi do2blehelix. I still use DR, but took the plunge and bought a workstation laptop. The spec includes i7-8700k (3.7GHz),
32GB Corsair 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB) and a NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 - 8.0GB graphics card. There are other threads on here that discuss DR but the general conclusion is that DR takes better hardware to get it working smoothly compared with many other editing software packages.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000