DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Day 1 of owning a drone: M2P

Mykie

Reactions
I've been taking pictures of stuff for a few years, but this is my first drone. Watched a few YouTube videos and away I went. I haven't paid attention to drones at all until this year, and I"m amazed that a flying object in a breeze is able to produce a sharp image with a 1 second exposure. This is very impressive tech, and I think in most cases these prints could stack up right alongside a 24" x 16" print from my DSLR's. Sounds like there's a lot of hoops to jump through in my city to make the most of this but we'll see how it goes.

YYCdt200606-1b.jpg

More coming soon. Stills seem easy, but having never flown a drone I feel like it would be a few months minimum before I could produce anything resembling pro level video.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I've been taking pictures of stuff for a few years, but this is my first drone. Watched a few YouTube videos and away I went. I haven't paid attention to drones at all until this year, and I"m amazed that a flying object in a breeze is able to produce a sharp image with a 1 second exposure. This is very impressive tech, and I think in most cases these prints could stack up right alongside a 24" x 16" print from my DSLR's. Sounds like there's a lot of hoops to jump through in my city to make the most of this but we'll see how it goes.

View attachment 103851

Wow right out of gate you Nail a sweet picture , Thank you for making it nice an big , that skyline also is going to be sweet to shoot. Looking forward to the collection .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic in the Rain
Coal

Maybe I am stupid or was in the wrong enviroment for a first flight (surrounded by trees so 'plagued' with obstacle warnings and a LONG grass descent area) with an M2P (borrowed) but I think you are taking a heck of a chance with an expensive and very complicated piece of equipment with out first doing low level practise flights in a safe place. There's all sorts of things that could 'go wrong' and, due to inexperience, you might not know what to do or how to safely cope with the situation and panic, panic could be catastrophic.

That said, NICE photo

Maybe I am stupid or was in the wrong enviroment for a first flight (surrounded by trees so 'plagued' with obstacle warnings and a LONG grass descent area) with an M2P (borrowed) but I think you are taking a heck of a chance with an expensive and very complicated piece of equipment with out first doing low level practise flights in a safe place. There's all sorts of things that could 'go wrong' and, due to inexperience, you might not know what to do or how to safely cope with the situation and panic, panic could be catastrophic.

You're right, I did spend the whole afternoon getting comfortable out in the middle of nowhere first with low level flight and then went a bit higher (photo below), and then this picture was at 3 am with zero traffic. I certainly wouldn't have gone at any point during the day (and still won't) and definitely wouldn't have done it as a first flight.

RVC200605-1b.jpg

Wow right out of gate you Nail a sweet picture , Thank you for making it nice an big , that skyline also is going to be sweet to shoot. Looking forward to the collection .

Calgary's skyline is a beauty, but I need to do the advanced test, get flight checked, and get an SFOC to fly downtown. The spot of this shot is on the outskirts of town, just outside the airport control zone. I'm going to move as quickly as I can to get all of these things done.

Last edited:
More coming soon. Stills seem easy, but having never flown a drone I feel like it would be a few months minimum before I could produce anything resembling pro level video.
You are right about that I’ve been flying the M2P for about a year and a half now practicing almost every day and still have trouble with Steady ascending and descending orbits

Reactions: Mykie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31