DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WerePig

Reactions
Just a little day run up the hill to one of our favorite spots. Got some practice in, lining up shots and all. I still need lots of practice working all of my fingers at once. It's like directing an orchestra in the sky. Thanks for checking it out.

Just a little day run up the hill to one of our favorite spots. Got some practice in, lining up shots and all. I still need lots of practice working all of my fingers at once. It's like directing an orchestra in the sky. Thanks for checking it out.

I'm trying to be nice about this...but this was nearly unwatchable. Hopefully, this is constructive. Jerky movements, dangerous movements through narrow tree openings, barely made it over the trees in a fast paced run, ominous music portending disaster, badly in need of editing. Needs a lot of practice and a lot of editing.

Reactions: W2EJ
In contrast to the above, I agree with some obvious observations ... but you also have some good moves. Your boldness may lead to dramatic footage in the future. I'm glad you posted and hope to see more as you progress. I love the Sierra. Didn't recognize your location. What lake is this?

In contrast to the above, I agree with some obvious observations ... but you also have some good moves. Your boldness may lead to dramatic footage in the future. I'm glad you posted and hope to see more as you progress. I love the Sierra. Didn't recognize your location. What lake is this?
Thank you. I was trying to fit the footage to the soundtrack so I sped up the video to 4x or even 8x in spots. Hence the jerky motion. Collision Avoidence worked great as it only went off once at the end there. I also played with using the drone to film the beginning by carrying it through the trees. The camera on the zoom has way better quality than my Hero 7 for hand held shots. I appreciate all of the feed back. I'm still learning. More in the future, garuanteed.

I agree that 'normally' this jerky movement is not advised (and hard to correct ... I still cannot do it smoothly). However, in this case, I think it adds to the overall suspense and 'danger' feeling of the video. Nice story telling IMHO. I watched all the way through ... twice!

I will commend you for putting a story behind it. Most drone videos ever posted here feature beautiful scenics, some nice flying and some matching music, but that’s about it, so your creativity took it further than most. I took a lot of filmmaking classes in college and have not posted any drone videos here myself yet because I felt like mine were just not ready, in fact I’ve been trying to work up a storyline for my first published drone film as well. Good job, and keep doing it!

Oh and good job calling it day trip to the (one and only) Sierra Nevada! ;)

Thank you. I was trying to fit the footage to the soundtrack so I sped up the video to 4x or even 8x in spots. Hence the jerky motion. Collision Avoidence worked great as it only went off once at the end there. I also played with using the drone to film the beginning by carrying it through the trees. The camera on the zoom has way better quality than my Hero 7 for hand held shots. I appreciate all of the feed back. I'm still learning. More in the future, garuanteed.
Union Reservoir Alpine County off Hwy88.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE