DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Decision Time - TOUGH Call

NAVMAV

Reactions
So here's the deal...

We have a two month old Mavic Air Fly More Package.

We Fly with an I-Phone (6) SE with a tiny screen. Our Eyes - and Fingers - are 75 yrs old, but everything WORKS! (On the Hardware, not so much our Bod.)

We're considering a "Mini I-Pad 4 Wi-Fi" upgrade, but... see a LOT of Forum Squawks about linking problems in recent emails. Do we make a Leap to Mini-4's big screen, or stay put?

Rgds, NAVMAV

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
I have an iPhone 6 too, and use it for flying sometimes.

I bought an iPad mini 4, and use it with my DJI drones, without problems, so far.

Yes, that's my point.

I was in the same situation as you, flying with an iPhone 6.

Now I use iPad mini 4, with 3 DJI drones, and I'm happy with it.

I use this iPad exclusively for flying my drones, and it's the cellular/GPS model (don't use it with a sim card though).

I did the opposite, had a mini 4 then ended up using 6s plus, the reason I got tired of using the mavmount it's very tedious to setup.

I'm 50. I purchased a mini iPad 4 and it works flawlessly . Purchase with confidence.

And just for the record, you do NOT need a mount. . It fits perfectly in the controller like your phone.

I would get an ipad mini. I have the 3 and it works fine, fits well. If you can afford to get the 4 though, that’s the way to go.

I'm 50. I purchased a mini iPad 4 and it works flawlessly . Purchase with confidence.

And just for the record, you do NOT need a mount. . It fits perfectly in the controller like your phone.
That's my 2nd issue, I don't like the way the mini sits directly on the controller, then accessing the sport mode button is a pain. Just my own issue.

I'm 64 and have been using a refurbished iPad Mini 4 for about a year with my Mavic Pro, and also with my newly acquired Spark. No issues at all. I use an OTG cable with the Spark.

My iPad is the GPS version, but I don't have a SIM chip in mine. If I need to download maps for offline use, I just use wifi at home, or link to my phone as a hotspot.

THANKS, Guys!

Our Mini 4 has arrived, BUT... the UPS Dude left stickers on the door "because nobody answered"??? (We're home full-time, and wonder what he was smoking!)

So we lost Friday night, and all Weekend; can't pick up Monday. HOWEVER... all your comments are very reassuring, and so much appreciated.

Rgds, NAVMAV

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topcomons