DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Decisions Decisions - Bugger it - Bought Them Both

KiwiNed

Reactions
Well couldn't help myself. Was tossing up between the Pro and the Zoom because of the various things I want to do with the Mavic 2 so I just decided to get them both.

Now the proud owner of the Zoom and also the Pro :D

Spent yesterday setting everything up and over the next week will get them both airborne shooting some stuff.

Looking forward to it. Now just have to see if I have time to play with my Mavic Air as well.

Ned

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
Congrats on your purchase, I assume you have different purposes for each other these Mavics? It will be interesting to see if you use them equally or favor one of the 2.

For the zoom I have two uses for it. First is I shoot a lot of video with our national field hockey team called the Black Sticks. I sit the drone up behind the girls and as they press up the field I follow them up and then backwards as they come back to defend. It gives the coaches a whole different perspective to watch the structure of the game (ie: where the girls are positioned during attack and defence). Will be trying out the active track by following some of the girls during the scenarios they practice.

Second use for the zoom is taking it with me when I shoot some of my helicopter shoots. Always pre briefed I get video of them loading during ag ops etc or shut down on various locations. The zoom feature should allow me to zoom in on this aspect.

For the Pro I am just going to shoot scenic and landscape stuff with it during my worldwide travels.

Reactions: KiterTodd
Well couldn't help myself. Was tossing up between the Pro and the Zoom because of the various things I want to do with the Mavic 2 so I just decided to get them both.

Now the proud owner of the Zoom and also the Pro :D

Congrats on them both and have fun!

In case you didn't see this video, it may be of use in the future should you ever wreck one of them out of warranty;

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redcircle