DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Definitely a neophyte.

LoudThunder, thank you very much for taking the time and explaining to me all that info.
I did get a pilot’s license back in the late 70’s. Fixed wing 150-172. I don’t recall it being so complicated. Times have changed.
I followed your advise and got the “Trust” certificate. It’s somewhere hidden in my iPad. I’ll find it and take a screenshot of it to have handy.
I depleted one battery just filling in the safety parameters for flight in the RC-2. Then I took off and landed twice. One trip went as high as I could see(43m) and about 150m away over the trees.
Thanks again.
You are right about so much has changed, remember one of Orville's instructions was "do not stand in front of the aeroplane when it is preparing to take off…"

I like to joke that when I tested for my Part 107 License, Quadcopters only had two propellers then… L o L . . .

Until you can fly that drone it both ways, as in what is called "Reverse Controls…" when the drone is flying away from you and towards you, Do not depend on only using the Video Feed… Keep the drone close and under your constant control…

Also, You are required to maintain visual contact at all times. If you have flown it so far away or in such a way that you cannot see it, due to obstructions, it is not legal… and it is especially dangerous for a beginner…

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
algirasingh