DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Delay with Mavic Mini

Molto33

Reactions
Hi ;)
So, how could i explain my troubles ?.... Mmmmm... My Mini has some delay between order and action, the camera lauches the movement slightly before the drone himself (0.497 seconds before), and that gives an impression of fat but from the Mini (Again, i'm French, maybe my expressions aren't correct ^^').

I didn't notice that in my tests of the Air or the Pro, so, i've sent an email to DJI, who are absolutely useless in helping...

I am looking for any video of the Mini that proof me that's (or not) a problem, or any solution, maybe when DjiFlyMOD will lauch, i don't know...

Here are the videos i've made (In French, but you could see the delay of the command)

Comparison with another gimbal from DJI

First Flight of the Mini, pretty scary beside water ^^'

Please, don't tell me that's normal without any video of yours, or the usual "Mini is for beginners, you couldn't await for the Pro specification", or "It's for the smoothness" etc etc...
The Mavic Air has the same camera, and the camera follows the drone movement, not the opposite ;)

Thanks for your time, i hope that will have a good issue, i'm waiting for a firmware update that include roll speed setting ^^

Open Question: Were you in C mode when you filmed the Mini ? If so can you put it in P and then in S mode and test the movement again.
The Mini hardly moves and I can only assume that Cinematic (C) Mode does this smooth subtle movements.

The second video shows that the other drone is moving quickly and goes fast, hence I did suggest that you try the Sports (S) mode with the mini and see how it behaves.

Just test it through and post the results here.

Reactions: WooZie
Open Question: Were you in C mode when you filmed the Mini ? If so can you put it in P and then in S mode and test the movement again.
The Mini hardly moves and I can only assume that Cinematic (C) Mode does this smooth subtle movements.

The second video shows that the other drone is moving quickly and goes fast, hence I did suggest that you try the Sports (S) mode with the mini and see how it behaves.

Just test it through and post the results here.
In fact, the first video was film after the second one.
In slow motion, to show the camera's movement in details.

P mode, C mode, or S mode, same thing.
Inside a house, outside, in fields away from any numerics waves.

The only thing i've found to almost adjust it, was to rolling back to an old firmware, the 0.200. anything.

No solution to factory reset, after reading a lot of topics, it seems the delay wasn't here on the basic firmware...

In fact, the first video was film after the second one.
In slow motion, to show the camera's movement in details.

P mode, C mode, or S mode, same thing.
Inside a house, outside, in fields away from any numerics waves.

The only thing i've found to almost adjust it, was to rolling back to an old firmware, the 0.200. anything.

No solution to factory reset, after reading a lot of topics, it seems the delay wasn't here on the basic firmware...

Did you check the gimbal settings in the app?

So, i have recieve a response from the customer service, i'm not sure what they mean in it, but, i have a response ^^'

"
Hi Julien,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We have received a feedback from our engineers, as per them, Thank you for your feedback and apologizing for the inconvenience. Our R&D team is testing on the problem. Kindly pay more attention to our official website for the update soon. Your patience and understanding on this matter are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best Regards,
Dan"
Had they a feedback from their engineer, or are they waiting until tests are done ?
Hoping the next firmware offer the possibility to disable this feature...

@Molto33 I suspect your suspicions may be correct. Can you supply the .txt log to verify your conclusion? This one below also a Mini, happens to be ~.300 seconds.

1579720800733.png

@Molto33 As a similar comparison, this one is from a P4.

1579721099329.png

It will be on the device you fly with. It should be in the Flight Records folder. See the link below. The instructions are for DJI GO4, however it should be the same for DJI FLY. Once you locate the correct .txt log you can upload it there and share a link back here or you can upload it directly here.

DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

All i have in here is that, maybe until my firmware downgrade, the logs was erasing ?...
I couldn't upload anything on your Website...
But, i've foud other logs with mavic Mini, on others topics, that could be relevant ^^

Attachments

• log.png
    log.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 25
Yes, Iv'e read that before. It could be similar.

I've noticed a delay, too. Even if it's for cinematic purposes, it's giving hard time to stop at the desired direction to navigate the drone.
Could be, should be less.

It's counterproductive, but as I understood from the last mail from dji, a future update should resolve that, or add a setting to adjust it.
It could be useful in some cases, but not for all of them...

Sorry for the frenchie ^^'
I finally found the logs, on my mobile phone, not the Mini itself ;)
But, i'm unable to find any joystick scheme on pantomhelp, maybe you will able too ;)

@Molto33 Here you go. Yes, there is a slight delay. There are at least 3 more threads on the issue including the one you posted above.

1579798776469.png

Reactions: Molto33
Thanks! It confirms that the Mavic Mini had a problem, i'll be sending that to DJI asap.

And a new response from DJI.
Do you think they are getting hurry about a technical update ?

"Hi Julien,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Apologies for the late reply. As for the image you have attached, unfortunately we cannot read the information you have provided. We have a designated department who handles the data analysis for the exported logs from our aircraft's and other products

And also, as for the latency problem, we cannot guarantee that it will be fixed in the next update. However, we have already raised your concern to our engineers. So they can test and fix this kind of problem.

Please note that our concern team are having limited access to respond our email from Jan 23rd to Jan 30th for the Chinese New Year. They will get back to us at their earliest convenience once they get back to work. Hoping for your kind understanding.

Thank you for choosing DJI and have a good day! "

And my response to that mail...

"Did you go to the website i've been send to you ? (All the thread right here, on Mavicpilots)
On Mavicpilots, i'm not the only one to blame the poor quality of the Mini instead of the Spark...
Offer an technical update seems to be a better plan than offer a "bommerang effect" update, which doesn't fixes this problem..
The images i've been send to you, are the inputs logs, and timestamps logs of the order between controller, a drone response, which it awful...
This kind of delay between order and response, while the Phantom 4 pro remains in good condition...
The Spark don't have to be ashamed...
Has the Mini been tested before being marketed?"

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78