DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DELETING FILES ON DRONE

mikebambi

Reactions
can anyone tell me how to delete footage on drone without formatting card ,or removing card ,,cant seem to find it in manual

Reactions: drarmament
Connect Mavic to your PC/Mac via USB cable. Power ON Mavic. Wait a few seconds until a new drive appears on your PC/Mac.
Enter the new drive and goto DCIM folder. Here you see all your videos and/or photos. Now select your file(s) which you want do delete.
That's it.

Reactions: mikebambi
I' copying mine to PC as I type this and will then delete. I got a 200gb card that I will use in my phone and put the 64gb card from phone into my mavic. Win/win

Some videos are playing on PC and others aren't. Any ideas? Maybe the update changed it back to raw from MP4?? I should check that

It has been known to switch back to .mov (not raw for ideo) - VLC player and others can still play .mov
Beware of turning Mavic off before recorded files are fully cleared to the card.
It can take up to a minute after you stop recording to clear the buffer.
Otherwise the file might not be finalised properly.

If you don't format periodically card capacity gradually declines as some hidden files can remain.
Eventually you might get unreadable files.
There seems to be some resistance/fear of formatting.
After saving anything you want to the computer,, there's no need to delete what's on the card - just format it from the app when you next start up.
There is usually time to do it while mavic acquires satellites.
No need to do it every time but it won't hurt and only takes a minute.

Reactions: WAXMAN and Wayno1
It has been known to switch back to .mov (not raw for ideo) - VLC player and others can still play .mov
Beware of turning Mavic off before recorded files are fully cleared to the card.
It can take up to a minute after you stop recording to clear the buffer.
Otherwise the file might not be finalised properly.

If you don't format periodically card capacity gradually declines as some hidden files can remain.
Eventually you might get unreadable files.
There seems to be some resistance/fear of formatting.
After saving anything you want to the computer,, there's no need to delete what's on the card - just format it from the app when you next start up.
There is usually time to do it while mavic acquires satellites.
No need to do it every time but it won't hurt and only takes a minute.
Cool, thanks for the advice

So what format should I record videos in? Mov or raw? I didn't think raw would play back on pc or Android phone?

Options for video are mp4 or mov
Mov is an apple format but there aren't any issues playing it or editing it in Windows or Android, although some players might complain.
If you have Apple playing mp4 is possibly more hassle.
The two options are basically just a different type of compression, there isn't much to choose between them quality wise.
MP4 is probably more widely used in *everything else*

Reactions: Wayno1
Options for video are mp4 or mov
Mov is an apple format but there aren't any issues playing it or editing it in Windows or Android, although some players might complain.
If you have Apple playing mp4 is possibly more hassle.
The two options are basically just a different type of compression, there isn't much to choose between them quality wise.
MP4 is probably more widely used in *everything else*
Thanks so much for the explanation. Still new to all this and trying to get my head around it all. Lol

I wait till the SD is over half full before I transfer all to my laptop, then format right after. It can be helpful to just delete individual videos and photos directly to free up space, when you feel they aren’t worth keeping. It reduces the number of times I’ve to remove the SD card from my Mavic. And I don’t have to review all the files again and then delete from my laptop.

I remove the SD card after every flight, look at the files i want to keep, delete the other ones i don't want and put it back in ready to go for the next flight.
taking the card out is no big deal and that way you always have plenty of room and a fresh card to work with.

Just a thought, I never fiddle with physically delicate MicroSD cards always opting to connect the device to my PC. I then copy the files to local folder and Format the card using the DJI Go app before I fly. One inconvenience in going with a freshly formatted card is the file numbering sequence will start over. It just something to be aware of. Depending on the way you import photos this may not be an issue at all. Worst case is your PC will report ‘file already exists, choose which files to keep’, choose all.

Just a thought, I never fiddle with physically delicate MicroSD cards always opting to connect the device to my PC. I then copy the files to local folder and Format the card using the DJI Go app before I fly. One inconvenience in going with a freshly formatted card is the file numbering sequence will start over. It just something to be aware of. Depending on the way you import photos this may not be an issue at all. Worst case is your PC will report ‘file already exists, choose which files to keep’, choose all.
You can go to camera settings in Go4 and change the file record format to
File index Continuous and that will eliminate that problem.
a4316e404353471ba7c9ae20cd535c52.jpg

Connect Mavic to your PC/Mac via USB cable. Power ON Mavic. Wait a few seconds until a new drive appears on your PC/Mac.
Enter the new drive and goto DCIM folder. Here you see all your videos and/or photos. Now select your file(s) which you want do delete.
That's it.
That's it.
thank you was wondering if there was an easier way to delete from DJI 4 on phone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty