DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Deleting offline maps

conchman

Reactions
I am on a Galaxy S7, running DJI GO 4. How do you delete old offline maps? They show but nowhere I see how to delete them. In another thread I read that you swipe them to the left, but this just does not work on my phone. Any ideas?

Reactions: boom38
If your using google maps, just highlight the map you want to delete in the off line maps section, and then select delete.

On the offline map page click on the icon Top Right of the page and you will be able to delete the maps you have downloaded by pressing on one and holding till the pop up menu appears then you can delete or rename etc.

Reactions: conchman
I use off line google maps, but I am on old go4 app and old ac firmware, never updated anything in 18 months.
My bird has not seen the interwebs since I activated it, and it won't for the obvious reasons (nasty updates salted with "bait")

Ok thanks I can now delete offline maps, but why can I only store 5 maps before it tells me delete half way through the next download? They are only 80mb per map. I am going on a long trip and I wanted to download all maps before I go, but this does not seem possible now. I have 4GB left on my phone, why would it not accept a measly 80mb for a new map?

Ok thanks I can now delete offline maps, but why can I only store 5 maps before it tells me delete half way through the next download? They are only 80mb per map. I am going on a long trip and I wanted to download all maps before I go, but this does not seem possible now. I have 4GB left on my phone, why would it not accept a measly 80mb for a new map?
You are correct I had not noticed this behaviour, I only have three offline maps stored each around 75 megs in size. When I try to download another it tells me to delete another map, this is nuts as my phone has 42gb of free space its crazy. There may be a setting some where though if you are allowed to store 5 maps and I am only allowed 3 with so much free space on my phone??

Reactions: conchman
You are correct I had not noticed this behaviour, I only have three offline maps stored each around 75 megs in size. When I try to download another it tells me to delete another map, this is nuts as my phone has 42gb of free space its crazy. There may be a setting some where though if you are allowed to store 5 maps and I am only allowed 3 with so much free space on my phone??

Last time I flew in the Valley of Fire, Nevada, without any telephone or wifi signal, the map box was completely black. It didn't even have the track of my flight and H point on it, so technically if I had lost Line of Sight I would have had to use geographic points via the video feed, instead of using the map track, to find home point. I was also getting pixelation and couldn't see the screen at times, so this was kind of scary. Is this normal?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54