DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Deputy stops drone delivery of contraband into S.C. prison

jay2020

Reactions
Interesting article about someone apparantly going to use a uav to infiltrate the prison...they don't say the drone acutally made a drop but it appears that the intent was there.

I only have DJI drones so I don't know if others will let you fly in restricted areas but this looks like an Autel maybe?

How many trips ya think it would take to get all that inside the fence Think he would need more batteries. 😀

The way the article is written, I got the impression that he abandoned the drone that was inflight. :)

How many trips ya think it would take to get all that inside the fence Think he would need more batteries. 😀
Looks like he would need another drone if he could fly two at the same time
Looks too heavy 🥵
but that's a fake mavic so I don't know 🤷

Reactions: davery87
Not a Mavic but an Autel and beleave it would take a much bigger
drone to even begin to start to carry all that. 😀

drone to even begin to start to carry all that. 😀
Yeah ok
Well as far as batteries
He will need the entire stock 🤣

Looks like the Evo II and from what I've read payload capacity of 600-800 g

He might have just had a little something to try and carry over
and the other was just in the car. Them bags of buds most likely over a pound. To be honest something just don’t seem right in
that.

Reactions: GFields
He might have just had a little something to try and carry over
and the other was just in the car. Them bags of buds most likely over a pound. To be honest something just don’t seem right in
that.
Speaking of this stuff (and not to go off topic if I am)
They lace this stuff with other stuff

It's why you need some kind of license to smoke whatever the green stuff is
From places that legally sells the stuff that is legal and not illegal like what the drone was probably carrying

Green s
Speaking of this stuff (and not to go off topic if I am)
They lace this stuff with other stuff

It's why you need some kind of license to smoke whatever the green stuff is
From places that legally sells the stuff that is legal and not illegal like what the drone was probably carrying
Green was pot buds and brown is tobacco that you roll into cigarettes if not mistaken.
The way I see it he most likely was dumb as a rock as it isn’t no
way he could have pulled that off. Bet most of the dope was just
in his car to sell.
618CAB7F-2338-48D9-ADA6-2C1D07F6CFB9.png

Reactions: GFields
Green s

Green was pot buds and brown is tobacco that you roll into cigarettes if not mistaken.
The way I see it he most likely was dumb as a rock as it isn’t no
way he could have pulled that off. Bet most of the dope was just
in his car to sell.
View attachment 153210
Clearly I underestimate how big the bags are

He probably was high himself
Came up with the INSANE idea that his little drone would be able to carry at least one of these and would somehow be able to drop it with NO add on drop mechanism installed

Or what he tried to do was lower the drone into the prison somehow thinking range and reception wouldn't be an issue which he wouldn't care anyway because well
He as HIGH as a DRONE

Clearly I underestimate how big the bags are

He probably was high himself
Came up with the INSANE idea that his little drone would be able to carry at least one of these and would somehow be able to drop it with NO add on drop mechanism installed

Or what he tried to do was lower the drone into the prison somehow thinking range and reception wouldn't be an issue which he wouldn't care anyway because well
He as HIGH as a DRONE
Maybe he was just going to suspend it from the drone with the
fishing line. Who knows 🤷‍♂️
22B51A9B-336F-4A17-B9BD-7037E4C1DC67.png

Kywon he wouldn’t need one if he used that tape to hold the line on the bottom of the drone then taped it to a bag then just lowered
it to an inmate waiting for it to be lowered.
Yeah
But if he's behind a wall I don't think he will get reception
Probably why it failed

Yeah
But if he's behind a wall I don't think he will get reception
Probably why it failed
They have fences not walls here and most likely there.

They have fences not walls here and most likely there.
Oh
In that case I guess he was only smart enough to somehow bypass the no fly zone that's probably there
Just not smart enough to know that if you do the crime you do the time ( < did I say that right? )

Oh
In that case I guess he was only smart enough to somehow bypass the no fly zone that's probably there
Just not smart enough to know that if you do the crime you do the time ( < did I say that right? )
Kywon, unlike the DJI drones, the Autel Evo II does not have GEO Fencing set up the same way. The pilot may get a notification but is still able to fly. So, a No Fly Zone would not prevent the flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje