DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Desert Dunes in UAE near Abu Dhabi

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
We are on a long trip to the Middle East. I elected not to take my Mini 2 or M3 because it is forbidden here with heavy penalties for using a drone. (jail and fines) I managed to get some elevated shots of the dunes in the Empty Quarter, a large desert south of Abu Dhabi where we are staying at a luxurious lodge.

Dale
Miami

Attachments

• Curved dune edge.jpg
    986.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Dune field.jpg
    911.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Dune with sharp edge.jpg
    986.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Rolling Dunes.jpg
    726.4 KB · Views: 59
Have you seen Odie yet?

Nice shots Dale. I like the sharp edge shots the best.

Did you shoot them with your D750 and 28-300 lens or did you rent another lens?

Chris

Nice shots Dale. I like the sharp edge shots the best.

Did you shoot them with your D750 and 28-300 lens or did you rent another lens?

Chris
Mostly the 27-300 but I’m also carrying the14-24 Nikon f2.8 for Astro shots if the skies are clear tomorrow

Reactions: Chrislaf
Mostly the 27-300 but I’m also carrying the14-24 Nikon f2.8 for Astro shots if the skies are clear tomorrow
I also have the Nikon 14-24 that I use mostly for astrophotography but also for wide angle landscapes. It’s an amazing tack sharp lens.

Chris

I also have the Nikon 14-24 that I use mostly for astrophotography but also for wide angle landscapes. It’s an amazing tack sharp lens.

Chris
I have had the LEE filter system with red ring adapter for 150 grad and 10 stop (Big Stopper) for this lens on sale at e bay for a while. I spent a fortune on it and am trying to downsize and sell it due my age (84). It is worth over $600 and I am trying to sell it for $325 with filter holder for 150mm grad filters and 10ND filter. If you are interest4d check it out on eBay.

We are on a long trip to the Middle East. I elected not to take my Mini 2 or M3 because it is forbidden here with heavy penalties for using a drone. (jail and fines) I managed to get some elevated shots of the dunes in the Empty Quarter, a large desert south of Abu Dhabi where we are staying at a luxurious lodge.

Dale
Miami
The light contrast along those wind-carved edges is marvelous. Nice shots.

I saw a very diminutive version with the M3P at Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park in Utah last fall. There was a very different policy on drones - just a $5 permit that was good for the three days of our stay.

DJI_0553.JPG

Dale
Miami
Other world like

Thank you Dale these are some amazing photo's ! Be safe and thank you for sharing, beautiful !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown