DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Desperate: First Time Mavic Setup

Stophie

Reactions
Im embarrassed I can't figure this out. My DJI go app will not connect me to the mavic.

I'm not new to DJI drones and I've flown a phantom 4 for since it first came out, but for the life of me I can't setup a brand new mavic.

I've tried upgrading and downgrading the firmware to the both the mavic and controller. tried deleting and reinstalling the DJI ago app. Tried DJI go app 4. Tried a different phone. I'm not sure if I'm missing something really simple or if there's a software or hardware issue.

Can anyone help?

Just watched a video where the guy was trying to connect using the USB port. He couldn't get it to work unless he completely unplugged the cable from the side.

Hopefully you don't have a bum remote...

Here is a video showing how to connect a remote if it isn't already connected.

Best of luck

DB

Thanks! That actually worked! Using my own lightning cable and unplugging that DJI lightning cable totally fixed my problem. I guess that means either the Side lighting cable or port is defective though...

Just watched a video where the guy was trying to connect using the USB port. He couldn't get it to work unless he completely unplugged the cable from the side.

Hopefully you don't have a bum remote...

Here is a video showing how to connect a remote if it isn't already connected.

Best of luck

DB

Glad you got something working. Nothing worse then a new bird that you can't fly.

Thanks! That actually worked! Using my own lightning cable and unplugging that DJI lightning cable totally fixed my problem. I guess that means either the Side lighting cable or port is defective though...
It is not defective. About 3 f/w versions ago DJI made a change to prioritize the ports and with this came the fact that you have to physically unplug the side cable for the bottom one to be available upon powering the controller on. If you use a normal micro USB cable in the side port you do not have this issue and the Controller will then prioritize on whichever port you physically connect a device to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078