DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Device and Disconnects

Taylor1430

Reactions
I’m hoping to clear up some confusion I have. Does the choice of device relate to disconnects between the RC and the bird itself? I’m seeing more and more posts about losing connection with the craft and I’m seeing them as well.

I understand the correlation between the DJI GO app and the controller (cables, processor, etc). My question is will a crappy device cause a disconnect to the bird altogether since it’s the RC communicating with the bird vs the device. Justifying in my head the reason to spend the extra dollars on something like an IPad mini 4.

The device has no effect on the connection between the RC and aircraft, only between the RC and the Go4 interface. A marginal device will often disconnect from the controller, or perform poorly during video feed, but the RC - aircraft connection is much more robust.

I've personally never had a RC disconnect, but have had several device disconnects.

I will also say, since I switched from Android to IOS, that I've had zero issues

For the first time ever, I also recently had the controller lose bind with the aircraft, but was re-bound easily. This was discovered at startup and didn't happen during flight.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. This was my thought but am attempting to determine some recent disconnects from the craft that have been occurring (that hadn’t previously). I’m using an Amazon HD Fire dedicated to flying and wasnt sure if the device was causing it as I recently began using it.

Thanks for the reply. This was my thought but am attempting to determine some recent disconnects from the craft that have been occurring (that hadn’t previously). I’m using an Amazon HD Fire dedicated to flying and wasnt sure if the device was causing it as I recently began using it.
Others can chime in, but I've never heard of device being the cause for RC disconnect. That said, I learn something every day!

Reactions: Taylor1430
Whenever something new starts happening I always suspect a software/firmware update.

Reactions: Taylor1430
Others can chime in, but I've never heard of device being the cause for RC disconnect. That said, I learn something every day!
It appears it doesn’t...I’m just experimenting to determine a cause of the disconnects as this relatively new to me. I’m familiar with interference and issues that can cause them but wasn’t sure if the device itself had any bearing. I didn’t think it would but wanted to confirm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS