DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Device Manager, RM500, No Drivers, please help me locate them!

whyme

Reactions
Hi

I'm pulling my hair out with this and nearly ready to sell up and find another hobby. As you can see by the title I am running windows 10 with a Smart controller which I have had for around 3 weeks now.
Trouble is despite using the appropriate lead the controller is NOT recognised by the laptop, I have read loads and loads of postings on here but still unable to find the drivers I need.
Here's whats happening: The SC is found in Device Manager as rm500 which states drivers are missing or not installed. When I try to update driver to search automatically or browse my computer the result is fruitless.
I have DJI Assistant 2 on the computer and despite pointing to that folder nothing is found. or when I search everywhere or anywhere
I have downloaded DJI_win_Driver_installer.exe to find the drivers but when I try to open this I get the following
A BIG RED BANNER APPEARS AND IN CAPITALS the following...…………..This app has been blocked for your protection...………………...An Administrator has blocked you from running this app for more information contact the Administrator. Why oh why has this been blocked Could someone please tell me in detail where I can find the drivers to make this SC load on to the laptop???

I take it you are the Administrator of your own laptop, simply give it administrator permission, right click and install & install as administrator.
Why do you want to connect the Smart Controller to the laptop ?

Reactions: Flycaster
Thanks for your reply
I want to get full use from the smart controller, and download TXT, Data files etc, connect it for upgrades, download latest pics videos, and just to look around it cause its meant to be connected.

How do i set up Administrator permission on the laptop, I am the only user of it but dont know my way around it, Also will DJi-win-driver installer exe have the drivers i am looking for?????

Hi

I have right clicked on the programme mentioned to run as an Administrator but though it says "requesting permission to run this programme" it goes back to the original RED BANNER. Has this been blocked by a DJI Administrator as to why it wont run

How do i set up Administrator permission on the laptop,

Open Settings.
Click on Accounts.
Click on Family & other users.
Under the "Your family" or "Other users" section, select the user account.
Click the Change account type button.
Select the Administrator or Standard User account type.
Click the OK button.

Hi

Set up and logged on as Administrator thanks to your instructions, however I am convinced that access has been blocked by DJI as I have just downloaded it again and on their download it states that I will not be able to open unless I contact an Administrator

Nothing to do with DJI, it’s Windows telling you it needs an Administrator account to open the file.

The Administrator account has a higher level of privileges for file access/running applications, system file access etc. It’s there to protect your computer from being messed-up by someone who doesn’t know enough about Windows.

When you go to the exe – (the executable install file) right click and choose install as administrator, that will give it administrator permission.

Thanks for all your help, I have now sorted this problem, took the drastic steps of formatting the computer back to factory defaults. I was not running 100% anyway, but it has solved everything can now read ALL files, logs etc in controller

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter