DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did anyone tried Neewer PL+ND filters?

I always fly with a lens hood as firstly protects the delicate items within in the event of a crash and stops glare

Reactions: slphelan
I just got them in mail, same gold ones as wez130, after first installation mavic didn't pass the calibration test, removed and installed again, you have to push them really hard to get it deep installed on the lens, after that the calibration will pass but if you manually trying to move the lens to the left (looking at front of the mavic) there is still some kind of tearing with the side gimbal part at the end, I am not so sure if this is safe setup, maybe is worth to try to remove the inner felt on the filter?

I bought the neewer 5 lens set on amazon for $26. Works great. I need to pick up a ND32. They go through gimbal calibration fine on mi ne.

I had the Polor pro set with CP, ND8 and ND16. I honestly didn't notice any difference when using the CP filter. I used the ND16 a few times and it did a good job. However in super bright days I still couldn't get down to the 1/60 shutter speed that photographers say is ideal. So I have just ordered the Neewer Brand that comes with ND4, ND8, ND16 and ND32. From everything I've read these are just as good as the Polor Pro at 1/3 the price. Plus I'm hoping the ND32 will alow me to get down to that 1/60 shutter speed.

I had the Polor pro set with CP, ND8 and ND16. I honestly didn't notice any difference when using the CP filter. I used the ND16 a few times and it did a good job. However in super bright days I still couldn't get down to the 1/60 shutter speed that photographers say is ideal. So I have just ordered the Neewer Brand that comes with ND4, ND8, ND16 and ND32. From everything I've read these are just as good as the Polor Pro at 1/3 the price. Plus I'm hoping the ND32 will alow me to get down to that 1/60 shutter speed.

I just bought the Polar Pro Vivid series and these little filters are beautiful - like little works of art. They go on/off easy and no gimbal issue (put on before power up). I’m pleased with the purchase for sure.

Last edited:
I don't really see the point of polarisers on a drone since you would have to decide before taking off which polarization to allow/block in order to orient the filter, which I don't see any practical way to do in most situations.

It's definitely more effort with a drone, and particularly so with the Mavic due to the small camera size. On a personal note, though, I find the results are well worth it. I am in California and often fly near the water, so glare is an issue for many of my shots. An ND filter alone won't remove that, so in that situation I will go for a polarizer instead (usually my ND16-PL). I usually hold the filter up to one eye and rotate it while looking in the direction I want to shoot. That gets me close in terms of the intensity of the polarization, and depending on how detailed I want to be I will sometimes send the drone up once as a test, then land and readjust the filter to the ideal positioning for my shot.

Not everyone wants to spend the additional time setting up, so usage of polarizer filters often comes down to personal preference. There is a definite benefit to them, though. Hope this information helps!

- Oliver from PolarPro

Reactions: cfoxtrot
Hi.

I stumbled upon this filter package on eBay, and wondering if anyone tried it:
Neewer Multi-coated 6 Pieces Filter Kit for DJI Mavic Quadcopter

As far as I know only PolarPro and Freewell offer combined ND+PL filters, but those are MUCH more expensive than this set. Neewer seems NOT to pass the camera calibration, but I'm thinking of buying this set and using only PL filters for those rare cases when you need them.

Anyone has any ideas how good/bad this filters perform image quality-wise?
I tried the set of six from Neewer. These fit ok but are difficult to get on and off. Also the retaining material appears to be felt which will wear out quicker over time. I could calibrate gimbal with the Neewer in place. I also purchased the set of Polar Pro Cinema series. They are much more $ but they fit better, easier on and off and the retaining material is ribbed rubber. Much better filters but 3.5x the price.

I have the Neewer set of 3, ND8,ND16 and CPL. The latest version will pass the gimbal calibration. No complaints here.

where did you get it from - did the lens came in hard plastic case or wallet type case ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert