DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

did NOT lose my Mavic today, for a change

It's almost a certainty that you will lose your aircraft if you keep flying it the way you have been.

I am willing to take that risk and to bear the cost and get a new MP if needed. Not exciting at all (for me) to fly a drone at 200 feet altitude and 300 feet out all of the time, unless you're into photography and making cool videos, which I am not. This wasn't my first flight either, I have 60 miles on my MP, both night and day, windy and not windy conditions, residential and rural, having started with short and low flights, building confidence as I went higher and further every time, learning what the MP is able to do. I do avoid flying in strong winds, low signals, and I always keep in mind what I've learned from other's mistakes on this forum. At 16k foot distance I turned around with 74% battery and was flying over vacant beaches, always ready to land it in case the battery runs out. At my 1100 altitude flight, I always kept track of distance to make sure it's not increasing, had nearly full battery, and was prepared to lower it in sport mode in case it would drift with a gust of wind. Nothing risky about either flight. These are by no means extreme flights, look at 50,000 foot Mavic flights (with battery and signal mods) on youtube, or the 16,000 foot Mavic altitude flight. Those guys will lose their MP's 10 times before I do. And I'm sure they won't regret it because they'll have the memories and videos of doing those flights.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mack_Attack