DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did the compass calibration procedure change?

Xtreme Drone Pilot

Reactions
I remember rotating Mavic around yaw axis, then around roll axis (with nose pointing down) when calibrating compass before using it for the first time. Recently, I needed to calibrate it again and the 2nd rotation required now is around pitch axis, with Mavic's body horizontal. Anybody noticed this change?

The nose can be pointed down or to the side. The calibration process has always worked like this.

Reactions: k3vnnyork
I have calibrated both ways and it produces the same results!

Was checking the manual this morning and noticed that the instructions for the second part of compass calibration was to point the mavic with the nose down. And I really can remember but think that the image on the go4 app prior to the last update had the image with the nose pointing down and that was the way I always did it, with out any problem. And, my go4 app usually tells me to calibrate the compass upon starting up, which I always do.

Well, yesterday when I started up just after updating to 4.1.18, it asked to calibrate my compass, so I calibrated the compass the same way I always do and got an error message, not calibrated. then I looked at the digram on the app screen and it showed the mavic with the nose/tail horizontal, not pointing down. So I held it that way and did the circle and it calibrated. So...has there be a change in how to hold the mavic during the compass calibration. So I see some have been doing it both ways. Guess I will use the one that works.

has there be a change in how to hold the mavic during the compass calibration
No. It depends on which instructions you're referencing. Some instructions show the calibration with the nose down. Other instructions show the nose pointed to the side. Either method will work.

I had notice the same thing first time the pic was nose down then it was to the side..and have done it both ways confrimed it works great either way.

It has been like that for years.
Manual says nose down, whereas the app looks like they got lazy with drawing a new image and just flipped the mavic on its side.
I do mine nose down on second orientation. But like everyone has said, it should either way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada