DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did you unfold the blades before fly? See why you should.

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
I found this video interesting and informative. I personally always unfold my blades before fly in my MA2 and M2P. Never in the mini.

Mini Test.

Seems like basic common sense. Who doesn't? Actually, I know guys who like to fly off balconies... nevermind.
I don’t.
I never have any of mine and never had any issues. I do watch it spin
up and hover a few seconds then I’m off like a crazy ?.
Good idea to do it yes, might I regret I don’t do it one day, possibly .
To each his own ?‍♂️

I don’t.
To each his own ?‍♂️
I am pretty sure was for me. LOL

Reactions: dirkclod
I don’t.
To each his own ?‍♂️
I’m always willing to heed sensible advice and this is very easy to do - and sensible. I already open the props - but straightening them through the axle? A great tip. I’m in. ??

I don’t.
To each his own ?‍♂️
I imagine that it wouldn’t be something that would effect anything right away but might be something that could effect long term ? Wear and tear on motors ? The video was enlightening as to the torque difference...
my thought is ... why not ... a small thing to do and I think manual advises to do it !! It becomes habit after a while !! ?

I imagine that it wouldn’t be something that would effect anything right away but might be something that could effect long term ? Wear and tear on motors ? The video was enlightening as to the torque difference...
my thought is ... why not ... a small thing to do and I think manual advises to do it !! It becomes habit after a while !! ?
If I paid any attention to everyone of the videos from bloggers I’ve seen over the years I would be scared to even fly.
Unfold yours by all means I just don’t.
Like I said to each his own. ?

If I paid any attention to everyone of the videos from bloggers I’ve seen over the years I would be scared to even fly.
Unfold yours by all means I just don’t.
Like I said to each his own. ?
Me either - much ado about nothing. I guess the vloggers are running out of click bait.
Unbalanced props are a much bigger problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mavic arms, joints and gimbal are designed to handle high stress/speed turns (at 60kph) but not capable of handle minor vibrations.
exactly! total bs He's been flying for many years and he's seen how many motor failures?..just askin
Fly the 2 in gusty air and turn the camera 90 degrees to the side to see the landing gear and then tell me you're worried by a little hopping around at the start.

Not sold either way, but likely will do. More so because I launched off a table one time, props folded, and watched the drone come close to to wobbling one leg off the table edge during start up.

Reactions: Captain Lou
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots