DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Different Controller Models (GL200A)??

nellis

Reactions
I recently bought a second controller used on ebay hoping to have my wife co-pilot a little bit. I very much doubt one of the controllers I now own is a knock-off, but have noticed a few differences and I wanted to know what was considered "normal." I bought both controllers on ebay used, but the top picture (without 0890) is the one that came with my drone and I'm used to flying with. The 0890 seems to have seen a bit more action, and seems to be the odd one out.

1) First of all, you can see the difference right away on the sticker. They are both GL200A as can clearly be seen in the pictures. Absolutely every detail on the sticker is the same except for the big 0890 after the CE marking and a BC within a circle. Does anyone have any idea what this means? Is it a different production run?
vqh5VdJjk1fpizwz4LHV4_PUm_mEU2Fcgj7m5OJpZ5p1yCfm5rWLEacpfhxTVvCYuaqaHxJzATx03-qXLG1CTRQh61ZsjZCie6h0yg5mxIDhf9D0gqUBRXTTJgqgrPOL4_DuBwsVMGHcC4rmUFDV7iNiLpc2a-hwrGW948TrIrDHx1TZmeteBsbacj0YMIWpAqiifOACspjwBJin0Po4Mcz_WpclIS8PaCJhouyYMGBdcVLKXhM5p3XkaeCoa_KM5Vbs84BPJYxRIPjBvqX3tO_jQsFbsVeF4wnJT0fTA5ClCj-l5CtbPAraliUll0TOy-TNXuH2rM92bPaEdyYlqRJd0dI6caZnRA_P8ukF-KAqMfR278aJliRu-LGlEc-wsOc9Fjr120gYio68X4GBgGNRftMWgZ6jIf5w7isYxiEBe4MLfsaUFi63UT_JkSQBuIGtJu-4zGQxqUnTBFzeGWqdlNoqOdsKR4OeV2wyyUG2c0wBD7eT1_zEGNEM47NbJAsryhybsuAF_UKQEBS__8If5RGEnWWUPPD6m4bqxF_x8ONwd6L9urg0i_1iUe0xG6Ku5nzw62tPymCbEekx3lTMh4yNxYVLTvEYLUs=w2542-h1908-no
2XE10kOk9tQiElzjN7ygZr3CXE4UDIDFur7oeETCUrr7V_NdEf787CZHjsXezxjd6x5ZC1VP7bJ6RlJhOPMBXb3D8rHf5KYMpO3gB20MnWCbKJgtPhz6HxDwbepahuRVxi4CKzy17hYO825SK-j2x_P2zRAzlWFN0iXvGV8EsZekiripNoffPkmsm6ozr0QJ_4IagDc7mUr8VKGLXFmq9FBpIbS30vkftyp65iXCCivQ7hVuNCf7A9B6WHJmYyqHeoIX7LNZHH77eKDBTLmE38o7cwVIThRWRDMzKcA8E2Z64B0jzmbWMxfwtCYRUQO95N18cs87AfMwQtjpLvSLTUUn1AOWd3Xhgt5N26DlO0FlO1d5LlKT5s7AYuXgAPkaAZ8Gf5F7cDiwjR1wy7J_gjxIYqTCDynPnrB4Di9I7uPCLqcYK9u_wQNKaPKNrelglTEutfQbkqjxc8v13DAnv_u5Wc-G3182bswue9UzWN7O0f_71BJdJbk5Gd8wSk1AZOzRdgdmHsgUv4tmPHbAjdgfxc7WWebpzC7tWqItfYSVZEttaXJiiBxwBItnjqC3_UdubxXkxMp2rVvl49Eq3rvV2SRD3NktB6Q9G8A=w2542-h1908-no

2) Next, I noticed the sport button was fairly sticky on the 0890 one. At first I thought it might be a feature so you didn't turn to sports mode by mistake, but after checking the controller that came with my drone, the 0890 controller was significantly harder to switch to sports mode and made me think something was a little wrong with it.

3) The 0890 controller also has a little sliding box in the left side folding arm to hold the usb cable in place. The one that came with my drone was missing that, but as it was used also I don't really have a solid idea of what a new controller should be like. I'm assuming they are meant to have this little sliding part.

4) The 0890 controller is extremely loud. I thought my original controller was loud, but after hearing the 0890 one, holy smokes. The beeps that come out of the 0890 controller could wake the dead.

5) The last thing, I fear, is just due to the possibility that the 0890 controller has been used quite a lot and the battery doesn't hold a charge as well as a newer one would. I charged it up to 100%, the next day I turned it on and it was at 99%. I paired it to my drone as slave (didn't fly at all) and after less than 5 minutes it was down to 97%. I'm sure this is just because it's been used more often and the battery isn't as good as it once was, but I thought I'd through my concern in here anyway.

So, does anyone have any idea about the differences in these controllers and if my issues/things I noticed are because of the different versions I have?

Thanks for all your input in advance!!

My factory controller that came with my Pro looks like yours without the 890. The sliding box is standard ( mine came with several, one for each type cable ), just a guess that the 890 is earlier version. Mine was bought new in May.

Reactions: nellis
That little sliding thing falls off the first time you use it. If you bought it new I wouldn’t be surprised if it was missing. I took mine out the first time I set up the controller and threw it in the bag with the cables I wasn’t using. Maybe the next guy will want it.

That little sliding thing falls off the first time you use it. If you bought it new I wouldn’t be surprised if it was missing. I took mine out the first time I set up the controller and threw it in the bag with the cables I wasn’t using. Maybe the next guy will want it.
I'm almost certain it comes with several of those pieces. If I'm not mistaken, there is one in every cable baggie.

OP, while I can't see the pic you posted - I recently sold a controller that had the same 0890 on it (Pics here SOLD :Mavic Pro controller).
I didn't notice any remarkable difference between it and my other controller which is a non 0890 model.
Are you sure your settings are adjusted the same for both controllers? If I remember correctly, you are limited in what you can adjust on the secondary controller so perhaps the difference you are noticing is setting based.

Last edited:
Yea. There were a few of them. I never used any as I knew I would lose them. Not sure if the necessity.

I use a CrystalSky now so it’s USB-A to USB-C plugged into the bottom of the controller. So it’s moot to me but if you don’t have that little dingus, I wouldn’t worry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929